How do I get my airline to make profits?

Started by Ryanair 101, October 15, 2011, 02:11:44 PM

Ryanair 101

Hello everyone i have restarted my airline ...... well I lost count after 20!!!!! No joke airways sim is getting boring because I cant make profits :'( :'( :'(
Anyone got any tips? Airport base,type of plane to get first e.t.c.

Best regards ryanir 101       please reply as soon as possible!!!

Kadachiman

Best advice I can give you is to stop restarting and start reading.
The game rules, guides and forums, and I mean all the threads in all the different scenarios as there are many many game play methods and hints in them.

Sami

And also there is no need to spam the same question allover the forums.

AWS is not a very simple 'game' but it needs some time to get to know and learn it. As previous poster said there is plenty of information in the manual, game interface, forums (FAQ threads at this forum). And you have already an open "own" thread in the forum too where others can help you - but it requires that you post some specific information (not just "help to make profit?!?!?!?") and that you actually take some time to read and test and learn the advices.

diskoerekto

I am not trying to be a smartass but it is really not THAT hard to make profits in the game. I played in the Beginner's World, it was easy as hell but I got to learn the user interface and general game concepts. Then I played in the DOTM2 and just following the general guidelines (keep number of fleets low, fill short haul demand on routes with no competition where you can fit 5 flights a day on a plane, do not use fuel hog planes, fill one route first then move to others) my company was making a lot of money even though I was located somewhere tricky. The most important guideline is the one that sounds most awkward to a beginner: "be patient". My company seemed to be losing money on both game worlds I played and seemed like it would never start making good money. Thing is, it started making good money eventually.

swiftus27

Start in a beginner world.

Get a 6-10 year old used plane that carries ~100-150 people (unless playing a JA game where you want a 70-120)
Fly it as many times as you can per day... generally 3 routes.

ag321796

Almost every new member suffers at the beginning of this game and the reason is almost always the same, no one has patience.

But there are tips to help you make more profit.

1 - Buy airplanes not very old (up to 5-6 years) and condition greater than 85% - so you will have little spent on maintenance
2 - Do not buy more than 2 different aircraft models - if you buy 3 different models you will have little or no profit, if you buy 4 or more different models you will have a loss. Believe me, the cost of fleet commonality grow exponentially as you add new models. Only add a third or fourth model after 10 or 20 aircraft.
3 - Start with few routes, if there is a route with high demand (1000 + passengers per day) use all aircraft on this route until you reach 100-120% of the demand. Then go for another route. So you save on marketing and perhaps with less staff.
4 - Be patient, do not want to buy two or three aircraft each week.
5 - Do not be alarmed at the start, even on a route without competition the Load Factor will always be low (35-60%), but over time this will increase and in 4-5 months, with any changes, will already be 75 -90%.
6 - Do all aircraft flying the longest time as possible, make routes between 23-6am as well.
7 - Always leave the standard prices, only go down 5 or 10% if the route has competition.

Ryanair 101

Thanks guys it helped alot making a profit now! ;)