» Credits FAQ

Poll

Possible to reset a 5th time?

Yes
1 (20%)
No
4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: [-] reset  (Read 950 times)

alexdb94

• Former member
[-] reset
« on: January 11, 2009, 10:50:53 AM »
Hello! I already declared 4 times bankruptcy, but I'm loosing money and I would like to reset again, is that possible?

« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 03:19:42 PM by sami »

jagalubnan

• Former member
Re: reset
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 10:59:42 AM »
Well before you do that, you have to take a look at what you're doing wrong in order to prevent that in the future.

Take a look at your income report and figure out what you can reduce, for example marketing & staff. Then look at why you're loosing money; if it's because of low load factors, try reducing your costs. An "appropriate" cost [to me] is never higher than what is suggested.

Remember, that as your company grows, your load factors will grow and grow, and eventually, if you contain the losses, you will start to make some money.

Hope that helps  :)

alexdb94

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 11:08:42 AM »
I made my flights cheeper, my load factor was very low! (35%) :) I hope it'll help!

jagalubnan

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 11:33:02 AM »
Cool, let me know how it goes!

alexdb94

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 01:12:35 PM »
Still loosing money, think I got to wait my company to have a better reputation  :-\

woober

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 01:43:51 PM »
Well, the key to get a good start, is to find a good base with good pax travellers, then get a +100 pax plane and haul in the money :) But also remember to do some marketing and adjust your routes.. Hope that would help you out :)

alexdb94

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 02:06:34 PM »
I'm very slowly comming back to 0 :) What kind of marketing, newspapers, billboards, radio, T.V ? For one line or for the company? :)

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 02:10:42 PM »
The bigger the better. For starters, it's propably good to have a General campaign with perhaps everything but TV running in your base country or continent. However, you should not spend more than 50% (recommended ~40%) of your income to marketing. Of course, as you start the game and have 0 image, it might be good to run an advertising campaign with losses for a few weeks or months to get the image up.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 03:19:33 PM »
The game rules are that you are allowed to make 4 airlines max in a game (ie. bankrupt 3 times, after the 4th you are out). This is a great help few newcomers as previously the rule was that 'bankruptcy -> pay the game price again'  .. which isn't that nice if you are still learning.

The limit is set to 4 that you cannot make tricks with the system and try endlessly different things with it... (and normally .. you are able to guide the airline thru the whole game, or that's the idea anyway)

castelino009

• Former member
Re: [-] reset
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 03:31:19 PM »
Guys,

keep it simple, 1 type of aircraft for a while, keep staffing to manual and only 100% staffing. Also wait and wait for a while, load afctors will grow just have to be patient and else you will be patient and disaster shall strike  :P

Dont expand too fast and dont buy large planes for a while, have 2-3 and make a substantial amount before you go on a shopping spree.

Cheers guys

VJC

alexdb94

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 04:09:06 PM »
I'm now based in Melbourne, but I can only fly to Oceania, how come?  :-\

jagalubnan

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 04:11:07 PM »
What do you mean...?

alexdb94

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 04:13:18 PM »
It's ok, some times it doesn't want to select another continent, but it's ok :) Thank you!

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 01:43:48 PM »
If anyone begginer decides on getting the dash first... you minus well quit. I used the dash and in 3 months went bankrupt. Not only that the route i was flying was very popular and had little airlines flying to it. PLEASE. Don't make the same mistake i did.
No replacement for displacement

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 02:29:08 PM »
If anyone begginer decides on getting the dash first... you minus well quit. I used the dash and in 3 months went bankrupt. Not only that the route i was flying was very popular and had little airlines flying to it. PLEASE. Don't make the same mistake i did.
It's not just about the aircraft itself. There are many things that determine whether you are succesful or not. For example, the age/condition of the airplane, the lenght of the route, how much time your aircraft spends on ground, what's your image, is there competition (you should ALWAYS when possible, start with a route that has NO competition. Starting an airline at a competitive route is not a good idea, as you don't yet have the marketing and other resources the other airline has).

deepblue501

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 03:09:00 PM »
i completely agree with Sami and the rest. 4 times should be more than enough. sorry.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.