New Used market Feature

Started by Jona L., September 28, 2011, 09:54:15 PM

Sanabas

Quote from: sami on September 29, 2011, 08:19:49 PM
Not a problem, since the market is always full of good planes at the first day.

When you arrive there you use 1 call, and get immediately two planes, which is also your maximum for the day. Then you can just sit back and call the market again on game day 2 to get the third plane for the first week. And you have still 5 calls left which you can misuse if you are impatient...

Admittedly, I haven't been in a gameworld on day 1 since MT4. But back then, there were new planes released onto the market at least 20 times on day 1, in order to give all those starting at various times a decent chance to get their choice of plane, and in order to not have 500 737s available for lease in hour 1 of day 1. As each group got released, the popular planes disappeared quickly, and players got to wait for the next release. Will that be significantly different this time? Will the used market get all the day 1 planes right from hour 1? That'd mean no need for the extra calls, no possibility of having to wait around for the next release. But it'll also mean a huge number of planes to wade through, and allow those who join earliest to have the widest choice in terms of getting the cheapest of a particular type, etc. I'm sure it will work out, I'm just curious.

QuoteAlso, if you guys really really need it, I can (temporarily) add the calculated value visible for the purchase page. But as mentioned it will be removed later, so be mentally prepared.

No worries for me if & when it changes to something else. As long as there's some way to know not only what I'm paying for a plane, but also what it's adding to my cv/how much loan it will secure, I'll be happy.

JumboShrimp

Quote from: sami on September 29, 2011, 08:19:49 PM
Also, if you guys really really need it, I can (temporarily) add the calculated value visible for the purchase page. But as mentioned it will be removed later, so be mentally prepared.

I know I am pushing it  ;) but can you display this value on the aircraft detail page after the aircraft has been leased?  Meaning on aircraft I am currently leasing.  Or on a screen I would get when I click "Buy" on one of the aircraft I am currently leasing?

Buying from the used market or buying one of the aircraft currently leased is pretty much the same thing.  The players would be interested to know how the price they are paying will reflect in their company value etc.

Chavaquiah

Does the call counter need to reach zero before it resets on Sundays? For 2 Sundays in a row my counter did not go back up and I'm now at zero with a single call made this week...  >:(

JumboShrimp

Quote from: Chavaquiah on September 29, 2011, 09:53:23 PM
Does the call counter need to reach zero before it resets on Sundays? For 2 Sundays in a row my counter did not go back up and I'm now at zero with a single call made this week...  >:(

In Europe, weeks end at midnight on Sunday.  Wait a little to see if it resets...

Chavaquiah

JumboShrimp

Quote from: Chavaquiah on September 29, 2011, 10:15:57 PM
It's already late Tuesday...

Yup, mine just flipped from Sunday to Monday and it did not re-set.  I think this may be the 2nd week it did not re-set for me as well...

wtdawg

Two weeks for no reset and now there are no Boeing 737's on the market any longer.

gajamukhu

Hi sami,

I posted about this on this forum: https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,34456.20.html but thought I should repeat myself here as well.

There seems to be a problem with the resetting of the call counter: the counters of at least four players (including me; see other players' quotes below) have not been reset on Sunday. Could you look in to this, please? Thanks!

GJ

Quote from: Chavaquiah on September 29, 2011, 09:53:23 PM

Quote from: JumboShrimp on September 29, 2011, 10:22:46 PM
Yup, mine just flipped from Sunday to Monday and it did not re-set.  I think this may be the 2nd week it did not re-set for me as well...

Quote from: wtdawg on September 29, 2011, 11:08:34 PM
Two weeks for no reset and now there are no Boeing 737's on the market any longer.

diskoerekto

Not 100% related to the topic but I think this message still qualifies. When buying a new or used aircraft configuration is confirmed. There is a graphic there which shows the relation between pax and range. I would be very very very happy if it was possible to "slide" the dot in the graphic and see for which range the plane carries how many pax. Describing a visual thing with words is a little tricky and English is not my primary language so I am sorry if I sound like I am talking nonsense.

Regards,

[ATA] - lilius

I like this 7 calls per week thing. Its going to be interesting how the gameworld will look a couple of years into the game.

Chavaquiah

I am (again) a little bit confused. Does the 3 ac/week rule exclude the first 2 (the ones with immediate delivery)? In JA#5 I leased 2 ac on Saturday and 2 more on Sunday.

Sanabas

Does the 3 per week counter reset at some point, rather than being continuous like it was in 1.2?

I leased 2 planes on Saturday, 1 plane on Sunday, and then didn't even look because I thought that was it. Looked at the used market on Monday, and it allowed me to lease 2 more planes. Will try to lease one on Tuesday as well, see what happens...

psw231

Quote from: Chavaquiah on October 01, 2011, 08:02:35 PM
I am (again) a little bit confused. Does the 3 ac/week rule exclude the first 2 (the ones with immediate delivery)? In JA#5 I leased 2 ac on Saturday and 2 more on Sunday.

I think the Sat/Sun change made it a new week as I did the same but my call counter had reset to 7 as it should at the start of each week. I would guess that tomorrow you and I will only be able to lease 1 more ac.

Chavaquiah

Quote from: psw231 on October 01, 2011, 08:16:34 PM
 I think the Sat/Sun change made it a new week as I did the same but my call counter had reset to 7
Yes, that sounds about right. If I'm not mistaken, my 4th plane was ordered Sunday evening, when the counter had probably reset.

Sanabas

No planes for me on Tuesday, and my Sunday plane was ordered at around 0015. Either the first two didn't count for some reason, or the counter resets at Sat 2359/Sun 0000.

Sami

Quote from: Sanabas on October 01, 2011, 08:14:14 PM
Does the 3 per week counter reset at some point, rather than being continuous like it was in 1.2?

It is the same as before.

Sanabas

Quote from: sami on October 01, 2011, 08:39:19 PM
It is the same as before.

Then there's a bug. I've ordered 5 used planes in the first 3 days of JA.

Sami

Actually when I looked it up, the first turn's two planes does not count. Sorry, bad memory... :P