British Airways - To Fly. To Serve. 2011

Started by ukatlantic, September 22, 2011, 05:44:16 PM

ukatlantic

Here's a link to BA's new and already iconic advert, good to see they are back on top form with their advertising as only BA can do!......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4JdQi60an0

Dave4468

Quote from: ukatlantic on September 22, 2011, 05:44:16 PM
Here's a link to BA's new and already iconic advert, good to see they are back on top form with their advertising as only BA con do!......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4JdQi60an0

As I said to Pilot Oatmeal when he showed me it. Multiple VC-10-gasm!  :-[ ;)

Also am I the only person who thinks that the aircraft get progressively prettier through the advert and then the 747 ruins its by looking like a dog.

swiftus27

Wow, the VC10 was barely in it.  how sad.  I love hearing that plane spin up.

I disagree with the 747 comment above.  If it looks like a dog then the 380 looks like a pig.   They're jumbos!

Edit:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aujEsOop40I&feature=related
This is how I see the VC10 forever and always!  

ukatlantic

Quote from: swiftus27 on September 22, 2011, 07:25:09 PM
Wow, the VC10 was barely in it.  how sad.  I love hearing that plane spin up.

I disagree with the 747 comment above.  If it looks like a dog then the 380 looks like a pig.   They're jumbos!

Edit:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aujEsOop40I&feature=related
This is how I see the VC10 forever and always!  

Unfortunately those VC10's wont be seen come next year, when the RAF's new 'Voyager' (A330-200) which is also the largest aircraft it has ever operated aircraft begin to come online replacing the current VC10 and Tristar fleets.

Dave4468

Quote from: swiftus27 on September 22, 2011, 07:25:09 PM

I just don't think that modern aircraft of all sizes look as good as stuff from say the 60s and before. I think the same applies to most stuff to be frank, railways for example, in my mind their design peaked in 1935.

swiftus27

Wait a minute... there are still tri stars in BA's fleet?

edit: phew, last one retired 12 years ago.

ukatlantic

Quote from: swiftus27 on September 22, 2011, 08:40:53 PM
Wait a minute... there are still tri stars in BA's fleet?

edit: phew, last one retired 12 years ago.

I was on about the RAF, they are the last operator of VC10 and Tristars for passenger service (albeit military pax)  ;)

Dave4468

Quote from: ukatlantic on September 22, 2011, 08:56:45 PM
I was on about the RAF, they are the last operator of VC10 and Tristars for passenger service (albeit military pax)  ;)

Unless you fly to the Falklands before the Voyagers are fully in service. Then you can be civilian and get on a tri-star!

ukatlantic

Quote from: Dave4468 on September 22, 2011, 09:02:22 PM
Unless you fly to the Falklands before the Voyagers are fully in service. Then you can be civilian and get on a tri-star!

Unless it's changed recently the RAF were contracting out to a charter airline for flight's to the falklands as the Tristars are needed in places that are very hot and dusty!

alexgv1

One word - amazing!

Got given a vintage flying jacket this week like one in that video the early aviators wore.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Ansettaddict123

JumboShrimp

Agreed.  Great ad.  I have seen on TV a few times in the last couple of weeks.

zorrin

I know I am resurrecting a much dead thread, and call me a thread-necrophiliac if you must, but no amount of glittery advertising will make up for the fact that British Airways happens to be the worst airline in the world. Ever.

Not once have they ever managed to fly me to my destination on time. In fact on one jaunt that I had the displeasure to take with them a few years back on the Rome-Heathrow route it took them 3 hours after I landed to get me my luggage.

I don't understand how anybody can root for BA. They truly treat you as a piece of dirt: It's like sit down, shut up. Drink when we tell you to, eat when we tell you and lo and behold if you should actually want some customer service you discerning traveller you.

/rant.

Apologies, but BA is truly the least useful airline to presently be in service.

Pilot Oatmeal

Quote from: zorrin on December 06, 2011, 12:19:33 AM
I know I am resurrecting a much dead thread, and call me a thread-necrophiliac if you must, but no amount of glittery advertising will make up for the fact that British Airways happens to be the worst airline in the world. Ever.

Not once have they ever managed to fly me to my destination on time. In fact on one jaunt that I had the displeasure to take with them a few years back on the Rome-Heathrow route it took them 3 hours after I landed to get me my luggage.

I don't understand how anybody can root for BA. They truly treat you as a piece of dirt: It's like sit down, shut up. Drink when we tell you to, eat when we tell you and lo and behold if you should actually want some customer service you discerning traveller you.

/rant.

Apologies, but BA is truly the least useful airline to presently be in service.

I completely DISagree, I fly with them 6 times a year + and let me tell you they are MUCH better than many other airlines I have flown with (they are many including, Virgin Atlantic and America, American Airlines, Jet Blue, Air Tran, Air France etc. it goes on forever).  I've been late once and it was a technical issue with the aircraft, they have NEVER lost my bags, and they have always treated me well.  They are a premium airline with a premium service, and I do NOT see how anyone can disagree. 

Jordan

zorrin

Then I am truly jealous of your experiences. My disdain from them is borne out of personal experiences beyond the 3-hour luggage adventure.

I respect your opinion and am glad that Britain's flag carrier pleases some people, unfortunately they've been terrible to me on far too many occasions. I spent 9 hours in LAX because of them...

I will respectfully shut up now.

wapp11

Quote from: DaveP1991 on September 22, 2011, 07:58:03 PM
I just don't think that modern aircraft of all sizes look as good as stuff from say the 60s and before. I think the same applies to most stuff to be frank, railways for example, in my mind their design peaked in 1935.

Totally agree... and love the commercial.

jamier

Pilot Oatmeal, couldnt agree more, ive flown 10 times with them in the past year and each time theyve been fantastic. Been delayed once for 15 minutes due to the aircraft getting in late.

With the eat when your told drink when your told again if they bring the trolley along i ask for a drink and if i want another i just take a quick walk to the galley and ask if i may have another one. The staff are always friendly and even stopped having their food before to get me a drink.

On the vc10 subject heres one of our tristars over afghanistan hope you like my pictures:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/141/p1000512u.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/p1000511oj.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/p1000513ev.jpg/

Dave4468

Troxartas86

I love that commercial, it's the only one I don't fast-forward through on my DVR. I've never had the oppurtunity to fly BA but I've always had a lot of respect for the brand.