Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Used Market: Set Max Time aircraft can be in storage  (Read 687 times)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
[-] Used Market: Set Max Time aircraft can be in storage
« on: September 16, 2011, 05:33:44 PM »
Some aircraft seems to be stuck in storage of the AI brokers, never go on market.

I particular, I am looking at 764s in MT5.  I would not be surprised if amongh 43 aircraft in storage, there are some of the orginal ~16 or so aircraft that AI brokers bought from the production line when there were new orders.  If true, they have been sitting new, unused for 10 years.

With this new parameter, aircraft in storage would be forced to go on the market after certain period, say 2 years, or whatever seems appropriate.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 06:43:34 PM by sami »

Online Dasha

• Members
Re: Used Market: Set Max Time aircraft can be in storage
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 07:24:51 AM »
If that is true, then I agree and they should be on the market. No need for an aircraft broker to look at them being pretty :)

Another question though, I know it's not the place for it but I'll go ahead anyway.

When C and D checks run out on a plane owned by an aircraft broker on the used market, do they automatically get fresh checks or does that never happen?
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

boch

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 09:26:23 PM »
The AI brokers do seem to perform C and D checks as required.

I suspect that this heavy maintenance might be related to the OP's issue.  It seems as though the AI brokers will not put aircraft on the market if they are near to their C and D checks.  You will often see used aircraft available that are freshly D-checked (7.5 years to next D check). It is rare to see AI brokers them offer aircraft that are less than 3 years from their D check.

I suspect that those 764's are in that 5-8 year old window where they are held by the AI brokers until heavy maintenance is performed.  Once they are old enough to D-check, you will see a wave of them hit the market.

Again, this is just a theory.

Boch

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 09:33:52 PM »
Yeah I agree JS, it's pretty pointless for a broker to buy a "brand new" aircraft and then selling it a few years down the line when it has lost some freshness.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 11:59:57 PM »
Here is an interesting example of an aircraft I was talking about:

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Aircraft/View/History/27264/

17-Aug-2012 Current Game Date

25-Dec-2007  Delivered to NBU Aviation 
19-Dec-2007  Aircraft constructed 

For 5 years, while airlines were desperate for this type of aircraft, it was sitting in storage, never appearing for sale on the used market.  NBU aviation bought it from an unused slot (which is excellent) but then it never put it on sale, for 5 years.

I think the used market could use a few tweaks, the above tweak would be one of them.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 12:11:29 AM »
Database: #27264 - "UsedListings": 1

It has been on the market already once during that time, nobody took it.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 12:17:32 AM »
Database: #27264 - "UsedListings": 1

It has been on the market already once during that time, nobody took it.

Hmm...  That's interesting, because I buy (or lease) them all when I see them.  What is the length of time it stays on the market?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 06:43:29 PM »
Length depends on game stage. At early stage it goes out earlier, after initial stage the threshold is 40 game days (and it's not exact cutoff since it removes them bit by bit).

Anyway; at the moment no immediate update plans to this.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.