Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: CI is stuck at 90 and has been for 2 game years ....  (Read 687 times)

Offline philkirk99

• Members
CI is stuck at 90 and has been for 2 game years ....
« on: September 15, 2011, 07:41:01 PM »
My CI has been stuck at 90 for about 2 game years. I know there are a handful of other airlines with a CI that is above that and one has reached 100.

What do I need to do or change to get it past the 90 mark and increasing again? My advertising is at it's maximum and has been virtually since I started. I have healthy profits etc. etc.

Could someone take a look and explain what's wrong.

Cheers  :)

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: CI is stuck at 90 and has been for 2 game years ....
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 08:58:02 PM »
Surely your advertising is not at "maximum" -- all 5 programs at Worldwide level of the most expensive media.  The costs would be staggeringly immense.

On the way up the CI ladder, there are a number of 'speedbumps' -- numbers that take an increasingly large sum of money to get over.  90 is definitely the largest of those.  It can sometimes take as much as double the marketing outlay just to get over 90.

Offline philkirk99

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 04:17:54 PM »
Ok Sigma. I only have 1 worldwide marketing campaign - not 5. But if I had 5, would it help? Would it make a difference? I didn't see the point in having multiple advertising campaigns, all doing the same thing but if it will help, the I'll do it. I tried doubling it once for a period of 6 months and it made no difference, so cancelled the 2nd campaign.

I'm just trying to find out what I need to do to achieve my target and having remained stagnant for 2 years is just frustrating, especially as I'm doing really well every else.

Just looking for a few pointers in the right direction  ......

Offline RushmoreAir

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 04:21:09 PM »
The system is currently programmed so that for most airlines, there is not distinction between the types of marketing, the only metric is how much money you are spending.

So, to get the highest possible CI (100), you need to spend the most money possible.  Which translates into 5 worldwide multi-media campaigns.

Offline philkirk99

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 07:10:19 PM »
Cheers, thanks. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and see if it makes all the difference !!!

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 09:46:38 PM »
Well, it may not necessarily be 5 campaigns for you, it depends on how many routes/flights you operate.  But it'll be way more than just 1.

As Rushmore said, the system works only as a function of how much money you spend.  The number of campaigns, the scales and scopes of marketing are nothing more than a little 'camouflage' over the fact that all you're really doing is choosing how much money you want to spend to increase your CI.  Sami could just as soon just put a box there that let you type in how much you want to spend because that's really all you're doing anyways.

90-95 grows fairly slowly, 95-100 even slower, you may only get a 0.1 increase a week depending on how much you want to spend (the more you spend the higher you get and the faster you get there).  You may have to spend 2 or 3 times what it took to get to 90 just to get the CI to go higher.  It depends on your airline.

Offline philkirk99

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 10:11:46 PM »
That's all much clearer now guys - thanks  :)

Offline philkirk99

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 08:51:11 AM »
I decided to triple my advertising campaign based on what you were saying i.e. 3 x worldwide campaigns and I can confirm that I now have achieved a CI of 100, so thanks guys for your comments  :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.