My planes don't need to fly on Friday

Started by Frogiton, August 29, 2011, 11:58:51 PM

Shleds

I also like Cedar Point, I drive there pretty much every two years from Ottawa, Canada.

Seattle

wow.... everyone seems to know what Cedar point is except me  :(

lol. They have an official ketchup.
Founder of the Star Alliance!

swiftus27

Its nice living 45 minutes from there.

Magnum is 200 foot tall, millenium is 310, top thrill 420. 

I love roller coasters

Shleds

Here is a link to Cedar Point

http://www.cedarpoint.com/index.cfm

It is an attraction park, between Detroit and Cleveland. I would say at least 5 of the top 10 roller coasters in the U.S. are there.

lunchbox

Quote from: Shleds on September 01, 2011, 11:00:26 PM

It is an attraction park, between Detroit and Cleveland. I would say at least 5 of the top 10 roller coasters in the U.S. are there.

I thought all 10 of the top 10 coasters are there lol ;D

Brockster

Quote from: Shleds on September 01, 2011, 11:00:26 PM

That's according to who you ask. As someone like myself who has been on over 350 different roller coasters I only consider Maverick in my top 10. Millenium Force is up there too but not in my top 10 anymore... :)

Still, for people who like roller coasters, Cedar Point is the place to be! Or Six Flags Magic Mountain on the west coast.

Frogiton

Quote from: Brockster on September 01, 2011, 11:26:38 PM
Still, for people who like roller coasters, Cedar Point is the place to be! Or Six Flags Magic Mountain on the west coast.

I've been to both, luckily. I will say the Cedar Point etches out Magic Mountain, Magic Mountain does have a few roller coasters that stand out like X2 and Viper (highest loop in the world I think). Deja Vu is pretty nifty too. But all of Cedar Point's roller coasters are great. I'm gonna have to put Millenium Force on top of Maverick though personally.

Brockster

Quote from: Frogiton on September 01, 2011, 11:34:26 PM
I've been to both, luckily. I will say the Cedar Point etches out Magic Mountain, Magic Mountain does have a few roller coasters that stand out like X2 and Viper (highest loop in the world I think). Deja Vu is pretty nifty too. But all of Cedar Point's roller coasters are great. I'm gonna have to put Millenium Force on top of Maverick though personally.

There are so many rides now that are better than Millenium Force. Check out Intimidator 305 at Carowinds. When it opened though, Millenium Force broke quite a few records and was undoubtedly the best coaster in the world but times have changed. The manufacturer who built Millenium Force, Intamin, has since then built smaller versions, in essence, of Millenium Force that are so much more forceful. (You can look up Piraten at Djurs Sommerland as an example.) But having said that it's still a great ride!

I personally feel Magic Mountain has a better collection of roller coasters (Riddler's Revenge, Tatsu, X2, Green Lantern, Superman Escape From Krypton, Revolution) but as an overall experience Cedar Point is so much better.

EDIT: Wow, we are getting off topic! :laugh:

swiftus27

Off topic doesn't apply to this thread.  Who wants to read jonas critique of the humor (or lack thereof) of the op.

Shleds

Wow, what is this? a cross section of people who loves airline simulation and roller coaster?
What are the odds...

Jona L.

Quote from: swiftus27 on September 01, 2011, 11:47:30 PM
Off topic doesn't apply to this thread.  Who wants to read jonas critique of the humor (or lack thereof) of the op.

Rather that than your unqualified comments on the game. Also the stuff about roller coasters is a further reason for a move to off topic forum.

cheers,
Jona L.

swiftus27

Quote from: Jona L. on September 02, 2011, 12:23:53 AM
Rather that than your unqualified comments on the game. Also the stuff about roller coasters is a further reason for a move to off topic forum.

cheers,
Jona L.

I learned to not get goaded into a flame war by someone else...

And define "unqualified"?  When I do any pseudo scientific tests in this sim, I use many variables to test my hypotheses.  I assume you are referring to my now-hatred of the 777 which many people share.

Frogiton

Quote from: Jona L. on September 02, 2011, 12:23:53 AM

cheers,
Jona L.
Quote from: swiftus27 on September 02, 2011, 01:03:06 AM

And define "unqualified"?  When I do any pseudo scientific tests in this sim, I use many variables to test my hypotheses.  I assume you are referring to my now-hatred of the 777 which many people share.

Come on guys... not here. Just play the game and love each other. <3

Quote from: Brockster on September 01, 2011, 11:38:52 PM
There are so many rides now that are better than Millenium Force. Check out Intimidator 305 at Carowinds. When it opened though, Millenium Force broke quite a few records and was undoubtedly the best coaster in the world but times have changed. The manufacturer who built Millenium Force, Intamin, has since then built smaller versions, in essence, of Millenium Force that are so much more forceful. (You can look up Piraten at Djurs Sommerland as an example.) But having said that it's still a great ride!

I personally feel Magic Mountain has a better collection of roller coasters (Riddler's Revenge, Tatsu, X2, Green Lantern, Superman Escape From Krypton, Revolution) but as an overall experience Cedar Point is so much better.

EDIT: Wow, we are getting off topic! :laugh:

It's been a while (I feel bad saying that when I'm only 16) since I've gone to MM so I forgot about Tatsu and Riddler's Revenge, those are both great rides, revolutionary and top in their classes. Superman is definently topped by TTD at Cedar Point I think. Revolution is PAINFUL! That ride is too old. I haven't been keeping up much but I know Bizarro at one of the Six Flags was voted best metal roller coaster (also made by Intamin and a very close relative to Millenium Force). This whole thing is really making me want to go to an amusement park now!

Brockster

Quote from: Frogiton on September 02, 2011, 02:23:48 AM
It's been a while (I feel bad saying that when I'm only 16) since I've gone to MM so I forgot about Tatsu and Riddler's Revenge, those are both great rides, revolutionary and top in their classes. Superman is definently topped by TTD at Cedar Point I think. Revolution is PAINFUL! That ride is too old. I haven't been keeping up much but I know Bizarro at one of the Six Flags was voted best metal roller coaster (also made by Intamin and a very close relative to Millenium Force). This whole thing is really making me want to go to an amusement park now!

Actually, they have turned the cars around and sped it back up to the speed it went when it opened, so Superman has a completely new experience. They are also building a drop tower on the Superman structure, which will be the tallest in the world, which will surely further enhance the experience. But having said that nothing beats the launch of Top Thrill Dragster or Kingda Ka. :)

The Bizarro you are talking about is at Six Flags New England, and it is an incredible ride! There is also ride in Germany called Expedition GeForce which is also amazing! Now I want to go to an amusement park too. :laugh:

Dave4468

Alton Towers. Thats what the real roller coasters are!  :P

Jona L.

Quote from: swiftus27 on September 02, 2011, 01:03:06 AM

Well, my point behind this is simply, that you always reply everywhere (which is no crime) saying you know it better and try to tell everyone how things should be done but you actually never made it to be a) big or b) succeed with the things you test. That is how I define unqualified.

Quote from: Frogiton on September 02, 2011, 02:23:48 AM
Come on guys... not here. Just play the game and love each other. <3

Sure thing, Frog, this was my last.

cheers

swiftus27

On my end, I test the sims capability in each game.  It is very easy to make a 737/320 airline with a 767/330 for lh.  I try something different each game.  Mt5 was long haul only where it was easily proved that the 757 was king (for transatlantic) and the 777 is as good as the crj1 at bankrupting an airline.    In previous games, I tested small a/c for their viability.  I go in with a plan of what I want to get out of it.  Sorry that I don't want to make a billion dollar airline every time.  In aws, there is no 'win'.   Sadly, more than a few of those players were using 'cheats' to get to where they are.

I don't say that I know it better.  It may appear that I purport that I do.  For that, I apologize.

Jona L.

Quote from: swiftus27 on September 02, 2011, 10:41:45 AM
On my end, I test the sims capability in each game.  It is very easy to make a 737/320 airline with a 767/330 for lh.  I try something different each game.  Mt5 was long haul only where it was easily proved that the 757 was king (for transatlantic) and the 777 is as good as the crj1 at bankrupting an airline.    In previous games, I tested small a/c for their viability.  I go in with a plan of what I want to get out of it.  Sorry that I don't want to make a billion dollar airline every time.  In aws, there is no 'win'.   Sadly, more than a few of those players were using 'cheats' to get to where they are.

I don't say that I know it better.  It may appear that I purport that I do.  For that, I apologize.

I must reject the accusation of cheats with all force! I do neither use programs to refresh a page automatically, nor do I use bots to catch aircraft or anything else that had been in the discussions a bit earlier (I don't wanna revive that btw.).

For me A333/343/346 and B772/ER/3/ER work just fine (as I proved in the other topic where you stopped answering after you knew you were wrong (again)).

I can understand that you don't want to run a huge airline all the time, I myslef know the load of work to be done for that. But even as a small airline there is something to reach and if it is only to survive until the end of the game world. I do think that there is no real "win" as well, but there definitely is a lose, namely if you don't make it to survive a full game.

Maybe it is just a thing of misunderstanding but often enough it sounds pretty arrogant when you write a reply sometimes. (not meant as an offense)

cheers,
Jona L.

swiftus27

1. Wasn't accusing you of cheating.
2.  You didn't provide the necessary information on that 777 thread for me to deem it scientific.
3.  I have to go get on millenium force right now.

Jona L.

Quote from: swiftus27 on September 02, 2011, 12:56:13 PM
1. Wasn't accusing you of cheating.
2.  You didn't provide the necessary information on that 777 thread for me to deem it scientific.
3.  I have to go get on millenium force right now.

1st sounded like, so I just though I clear it up before another discussion starts about that.

2nd I provided as much info as I feel like being safe for my company's operations, and thus don't give all I have and the point is, that I make money on B777 and A33X/4X and you seem not to have made it. I do not need to tell you which routes I fly, because that simply doesn't matter. Every person with a sense of business know that a B777 is to fly over the Atlantic or further (or in the other direction to DXB and further) My aircraft fly all routes between 3000 and 7000NM in a decent mix and some 500NM gap fillers. The main trick is called fleet usage, that I don't let my planes stand around over 20hrs/day a 7-day-schedule helps a lot with that.

cheers,
Jona L.

P.S. I just felt like giving an example for the "unqualified comments" I named in an earlier post:
Quote from: swiftus27 on August 25, 2011, 06:04:48 PM
Widebodies are broken for transatlantic flying
That was the full post, with no proof and no reasoning. And you dare to call my examples "not scientific"?!

P.P.S. have fun in the fun park.