Flight simulator software for PC

Started by JumboShrimp, August 26, 2011, 11:02:04 PM

alexgv1

Quote from: Maarten Otto on October 10, 2011, 04:58:48 PM
Sorry mate... I'm with iFly 737NG

That the FS9 one? I remember flying it and was impressed it was an improvement over the original PMDG 737.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

swiftus27

I just spent a bundle on a gaming rig so I can finally run FS properly.

Quad Core overclocked 3.9 (8mb cache), 16gb RAM,  with dual 460s with SLI enabled...

I am going triple monitor.  I will take a picture when I finally get is set up.  When is MS Fly coming out?

ArcherII

Quote from: swiftus27 on October 15, 2011, 07:50:28 PM
I just spent a bundle on a gaming rig so I can finally run FS properly.

Quad Core overclocked 3.9 (8mb cache), 16gb RAM,  with dual 460s with SLI enabled...

I am going triple monitor.  I will take a picture when I finally get is set up.  When is MS Fly coming out?

Never.

Although MS Flight will do someday  :D

alexgv1

Quote from: ArcherII on October 15, 2011, 07:52:50 PM
Never.

Although MS Flight will do someday  :D

And when it does, stick to FSX, because after 5 years that product has only just matured.

swiftus27

Except that MS isnt offering any support after the last Service Pack.

I will be making this into an FS MONSTER!  I don't want to go too nuts and get gauges and all, I just want to have a yoke, throttle, and pedals when I am done.  For now I can use my old thrustmaster.  That thing was amazing.  I have rudder control by twisting it.  Too bad MS doesn't really make FS joysticks like they used to.

alexgv1

Quote from: swiftus27 on October 16, 2011, 06:45:39 PM
Except that MS isnt offering any support after the last Service Pack.

I will be making this into an FS MONSTER!  I don't want to go too nuts and get gauges and all, I just want to have a yoke, throttle, and pedals when I am done.  For now I can use my old thrustmaster.  That thing was amazing.  I have rudder control by twisting it.  Too bad MS doesn't really make FS joysticks like they used to.

Hehe a bit like I did with my rig 2 years ago. I have a Thrustmaster also, pretty nice bit of kit it's nice to have the HOTAS. Pedals or a split throttle quadrant would be my next wish. Or an iPad to use as an EFB and CDU, but we'll see what my 21st birthday brings on that one.

It's sad that MS isn't offering any support and that there will be no further development, but I don't know if there is a real need. Sure pity that it is stuck back in DX9 (DX10 preview only reduces performance) and other things I suppose. So many 3rd party companies make enhancements for the simulation, and most seem to be switching from FS9 to FSX this year so finally it is getting the development it needs.

ArcherII

Quote from: alexgv1 on October 16, 2011, 05:10:34 PM
And when it does, stick to FSX, because after 5 years that product has only just matured.

Wholeheartedly agree. Too much money put on FSX as an OS for lots of addons, it would make switching to MS Flight overnight a financial mess.