Demand

Started by mufc4evr, January 10, 2009, 11:32:39 AM

mufc4evr

Hi

Has the demand changed from BETA 3 as some routes that did have 300, 400 PAX a day are now less than 50? This is US domestic also.

Sami

Could you say which routepairs these are, 4ltr icao-codes for them.

mufc4evr

KJFK-KPVD
KJFK-KALB
KJFK-KMHT
KJFK-KOAK

Sami

They should be correct, it was previously too high to my knowlegde.

jagalubnan

Quote from: mufc4evr on January 10, 2009, 12:24:58 PM

KJFK-KOAK

Nah, I don't think any flights go direct from JFK-OAK, with the exception of JetBlue. OAK is secondary to SFO so flights from OAK usually go 1-stop.

Just looked into JetBlue, they offer a 3xday nonstop between OAK & JFK on an A320. So the pax should be ~140 x 3 = 420.

mufc4evr

Just checked on jfk website:

KALB should be 150 (all Y)
KPVD is ok
KBWI should be 250
KDCA should be 530
KIAD 951
KBTV 750
KPWM 450
KRIC 500
KORF 150
CYUL 300

jmcmanna

The game year is 1992, it seems like strictly using numbers from today wouldn't be correct, either.  Demographics change.

Seattle

Except, these routes from JFK that are regional (the ones listed above) all have seen reduced pax since the 90's, due to Amtrak, more driving, etc. :)
Founder of the Star Alliance!

Monk Xion

Quote from: Seattle on January 10, 2009, 05:48:53 PM
Except, these routes from JFK that are regional (the ones listed above) all have seen reduced pax since the 90's, due to Amtrak, more driving, etc. :)

Amtrak??? That's all I have to say.

Yes, the NE Corridor (Owned and operated by Amtrak ;D) between Boston and Washington DC, has taken pax from the airlines.

Most of the BOS-NYC-DC shuttles that existed in the 80's and 90's have been broken up or reabsorbed into the mainline carrier.

RK

Seattle

Go look it up your self! Amtrak ridership has soared in the past few years.  :) (in the part of the country)
Founder of the Star Alliance!