Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Hello! Just a couple of questions about expanding and so on!  (Read 654 times)

fotoroffe

• Former member
Hello! Just a couple of questions about expanding and so on!
« on: August 15, 2011, 01:19:15 PM »
I started up (game time) last november i think.
Now i have six leased DC9's and the seventh coming in soon. I also leased a B767-200ER (delivery in about two weeks time). I am making ok $ on my short routes and I suddenly started to wonder if I may have rushed into long haul routes to soon? I am opening a Stockholm - Los Angeles route 3x a week plus a couple of other european routes with the 767.
As the 767 burns only about 1 metric tonne more fuel pr hour and has twice the dc9 capacity it wouldn't be too bad on european routes?

You guys have any advice/ do's & dont's about this?

Offline RushmoreAir

• Members
Re: Hello! Just a couple of questions about expanding and so on!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 02:33:39 PM »
I started up (game time) last november i think.
Now i have six leased DC9's and the seventh coming in soon. I also leased a B767-200ER (delivery in about two weeks time). I am making ok $ on my short routes and I suddenly started to wonder if I may have rushed into long haul routes to soon? I am opening a Stockholm - Los Angeles route 3x a week plus a couple of other european routes with the 767.
As the 767 burns only about 1 metric tonne more fuel pr hour and has twice the dc9 capacity it wouldn't be too bad on european routes?

You guys have any advice/ do's & dont's about this?

Hello!

First, you probably shouldn't have ordered the 767.  Rule of thumb:  Have at least 10-20 of each fleet type before adding another fleet type.  But the situation is still OK if you make some corrections.

Second, Run a longhaul flight at least 6x weekly (if not daily). So if you don't have the money to add another 767, move the plane to another route that allows you to hit 6x weekly with one aircraft, such as ARN-JFK, ARN-BOS, etc.

Third, the European routes are a big no-no.  The turn around times are to high, and you'll get killed on frequency.

Hope this helps.

fotoroffe

• Former member
Re: Hello! Just a couple of questions about expanding and so on!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 11:41:40 AM »
Hi!

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I got second thoughts just after I ordered it, hehe:)
Now I found some money and ordered another 767 and plan to mirror the schedule arn-lax, from 1-3-5 to 2-4-6.

On the european routes I put the 767 on already existing routes (arn-muc 3x a week, arn-lhr 1x, arn-ams 1x) as I'm already operating those routes with dc9's and it generates ok revenue I guess.

As I'm playing beginner's world and it's only about a year left of game time it will be a useful experience should it all go down the drain:)

appreciate your tips!
 cheers

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.