Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Tip to new players: Don't spend all of your cash yet!  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Tip to new players: Don't spend all of your cash yet!
« on: January 10, 2009, 12:44:57 AM »
A small tip ... As you are starting new airlines, your image is near zero and all routes are new. You may NOT expect more than 40-50% load factors for the first few months, so do NOT spend all your cash right away! Otherwise you are bust.

I would recommend to keep 500k in the pocket at least. And there's then also the bank from which you can (try) to loan money, depending on your airline's situation.

The LF will raise steadily over time once your routes are more known by people and your company image level raises. So although the 24hrs wait for this first turn is long, don't mess it right away.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 12:47:08 AM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Tip to new players: Don't spend all of your cash yet!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 09:27:05 AM »

And tip number 2, already in manual too. Do not order NEW aircraft yet!  It will take several months of game time before it is delivered, and also it costs a LOT.

Pick up some nice plane from the used market instead. But keep an eye on the following: Condition at least +70-75%, C check expires not earlier than 8-10 months, D check expires in many years from now, and that it is reasonably priced so that you can afford it.

mufc4evr

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 09:42:02 AM »
I usually go $20 lower than the default price to start then gradually build the prices up with marketing.

Offline Unbornio

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 11:16:34 AM »
Just use price management and go down 10%.
Beta Tester

Dazwalsh

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 02:29:40 PM »
and dont ever rely on the minium turnaround time, always increase this so that the probability of delay is under 10 percent at least ;)

Offline Runner

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 02:59:33 PM »
I always keep my turnaround times so high, so there is 0% chance of delay. Of course that's not the only thing effecting delays, but it sure helps! Looking at the stats, I mostly have just 5-10% of my delays caused by turnaround times, and the rest is mostly techinal or weather stuff.

Good luck to all the non-beta players!

tomahack

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 12:13:33 PM »
How some company can have already 7 planes, 150 load factor %, and 1,500,000 revenues ?

I lease a plane it cost me 4,6 millions deposit for 4 months, i have 500,000$ and profit of ~200,000 per month.
What the ? I chosen a good hub with good passengers, and i have load factor of 70% with general & route image at 15.

So what im doing wrong ?!

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 12:21:52 PM »
It's not always just about the numbers of the planes. You'll make much more revenue with a single MD-11 than with 10 Antonov AN-28s, for example.
Also, in the beginning of a game, it is very important to expand rapidly. That means to get as many planes as quickly as possible (but not always the cheapest ones). The bigger the plane, the more profit you'll get. And it's usually jets that give the most profits due to their high speed. So if you for example start with a jet that has capacity for 150 pax and flies 0.8 Mach (costs maybe 10-15 millions, initial lease fee about 1 million), you'll get another one of the same plane in a couple of weeks, and from there on it'll take less and less time to get a newer plane. And, before you know it, you are the top1 carrier in all over the world  8)

tomahack

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 12:26:24 PM »
Yeah, currently my boeing can carry 216 pax, but my LF is only 70%
Anyway, i think i do great considering there was maybe 100 beta players.. :P
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 12:29:05 PM by tomahack »

thetallone24

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 12:30:41 PM »
70% is pretty good consdering we're only a few weeks into the game!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.