Lufthansa aircraft survey

Started by Jona L., August 12, 2011, 04:44:08 PM

alexgv1

Where is the option for Lufty 737-500? Possibly one of the most beautiful things on this Earth and high up on my "Want to Fly" list.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Jona L.

Quote from: alexgv1 on August 12, 2011, 04:50:51 PM
Where is the option for Lufty 737-500? Possibly one of the most beautiful things on this Earth and high up on my "Want to Fly" list.

They just introduced a few a/c types over the last week(s)... B735 was not within...

JumboShrimp

Quote from: Jona L. on August 12, 2011, 05:56:33 PM
They just introduced a few a/c types over the last week(s)... B735 was not within...

Majority of the aircraft on the list have been around a lot longer than a week...

Zabuti

Quote from: JumboShrimp on August 25, 2011, 10:29:52 PM
Majority of the aircraft on the list have been around a lot longer than a week...

If I'm not misunderstood, they actually gave presentations to their Facebook fans... but these aircrafts have of course been operating under LH colors for years. (apart from A380 which is still recent)

Jona L.

Quote from: Flobacca on August 26, 2011, 07:58:44 AM
If I'm not misunderstood, they actually gave presentations to their Facebook fans... but these aircrafts have of course been operating under LH colors for years. (apart from A380 which is still recent)

You're right... my "introducing" I didn't mean "added to their fleet" but as you said Flobacca: "introduced them to their facebook fans" :)

cheers,
Jona L.

Seattle

Quote from: alexgv1 on August 12, 2011, 04:50:51 PM

I had the pleasure of flying DUS-ATH in July w/ an LH 737-500, with the new slimline seats. Definantly a pleasure to fly on, as I rarely get the chance to in the US.
Founder of the Star Alliance!

alexgv1

Quote from: Seattle on September 02, 2011, 12:52:04 AM
as I rarely get the chance to in the US.

Yeah I suppose it is hard now that they are not with United Shuttle. Also SWA has so few of them but I guess it would really be luck of the draw. Lufthansa seems the best choice for me, being in the EU  :)
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Seattle

You better fly them while you can, I think they are due for full retirement by 2014 (?) or so.

Oddly enough, PMCO will have quite a few 735s that are actually younger than their first 737NGs. In fact, some are just turning 10 years old. lol.
Founder of the Star Alliance!

Jona L.

Quote from: Seattle on September 10, 2011, 01:58:45 AM
You better fly them while you can, I think they are due for full retirement by 2014 (?) or so.

Oddly enough, PMCO will have quite a few 735s that are actually younger than their first 737NGs. In fact, some are just turning 10 years old. lol.

LH phases out B733/5 by the end of 2012, FRA is already fully converted, Munich to follow (already partly done) and DUS coming last... so alex, you can get both on your LHR-DUS-LHR trip next year when you come down here :)

LH's B733/5 are 8-25yrs old... so most of them are due for replacement, though I am sad to see it become crappy A319/20/21 rather than the great and unbeatable B736/7/8/9 family, especially since Lufthansa was Launch Customer for the first B737-100eds ever built....

cheers,
Jona L.

JumboShrimp

Quote from: Jona L. on September 10, 2011, 03:42:36 PM
LH phases out B733/5 by the end of 2012, FRA is already fully converted, Munich to follow (already partly done) and DUS coming last... so alex, you can get both on your LHR-DUS-LHR trip next year when you come down here :)

LH's B733/5 are 8-25yrs old... so most of them are due for replacement, though I am sad to see it become crappy A319/20/21 rather than the great and unbeatable B736/7/8/9 family, especially since Lufthansa was Launch Customer for the first B737-100eds ever built....

cheers,
Jona L.

I was on an LH 735 just a month ago, on a FRA-VIE flight.  I like the seats as well, BTW.  The cabin seemed to be almost newly re-configured.  Kind of strange to put money into it if LH is planning to retire them...

But your statement about FRA may still be correct.  The flight was originally supposed to have either 319 or 320, so it was a substitution...

Zabuti

Quote from: JumboShrimp on September 14, 2011, 10:46:45 PM
Kind of strange to put money into it if LH is planning to retire them...

Not really, it's a tough time for everyone.

To give a siomilar example, air france KLM originally announced that they would retire their B747 fleet and replace it with A380 and B773ER (depending on the demand).

Due to the difficult context (and the fact that they are highly indebted), they postponed this retirment for 2 to 5 years, and refurnished the a/c, painted the new livery on 2 of them already.

It's just... tough by now for everyone.