Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Bankruptcy  (Read 2205 times)

Offline Sanabas

• Members
Re: Bankruptcy
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2011, 12:14:02 AM »
Khartoum has heaps of longhaul demand. There are plenty of DC-10s or L1011s on the market, you can grab 2 with your initial cash, and expand to 7 as money comes in.

A very quick look says DMK, SIN, ICN & PVG all have 300+ pax daily demand, and are easily in reach of any DC10-30. So stick the first 4 planes 6 times a week to each of those. Then LHR & JNB are both empty, and can support a shorter DC10 flight. That'll give you enough for a 7 day schedule for 7 DC-10s, maybe with a short flight to the middle east in there too, and you will be making plenty of money to finance expansion for more DC10s on more marginal/competitive routes, smaller planes like CRJ or 737 for the <1500 nm routes, and eventually upgrading the DC10s to more modern planes.

You're also wasting money on staff and marketing at the moment, because you fly to 14 destinations. 8 are once a day, and 4 of those can easily support 2 a day. If you dump the routes to SHJ, ADB, CAI, AUH, and put a 2nd flight a day to DXB, HRG, KWI, RUH instead, you're only flying to 10 destinations, which means less overhead.

Starting a successful airline in Khartoum at the moment shouldn't be tough. If I didn't have grand plans for Sydney, I'd be tempted to restart there & prove it.  :laugh:

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2011, 05:29:24 AM »
In DOTM, I started with BAC111-475's for their range (they can make most of Japan and a few other parts of SE Asia) and 707's for everything else. Learn from my mistake...don't get 707's. When the 767-200 launched, I ordered them and they covered routes to HNL, SYD, MEL and a few others the AC's couldn't make. Eventually, ended up with F-100's (replaced BAC's), MD-8X, 767 variants, and A340's.

In ATB, it was MD8X to start, replaced with 737NG when launched, but the 733 would have been a better choice for range. LH was 767 and 777, and also operated a large fleet of EMB-195's and a few E70's.

Don
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

JMsoo

• Former member
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 09:50:36 PM »
Hmm on MT4 i remember using DC 10 and when the C check arrive see myself down millions....

I will try maybe on the next game thanks for your suggest..... :D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.