Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Other Airline's information  (Read 527 times)

philkirk99

• Former member
Other Airline's information
« on: July 31, 2011, 07:19:01 PM »
Is it possible anywhere to look at a competitor's information? For example, if a competitor starts to fly on the same route as I am, I know I can see the schedule of my competitor but is there anywhere that I can see what fares they are charging etc. I just have a situation where I have a RI of nearly 100 on a particular route and then a competitor comes along with an aircraft that is smaller than mine, with the same daily frequency but they have taken 70% market share .... I can only assume it is down to offering a lower fare and i would like to know what fare they are offering. Is this possible?

AAL558

• Former member
Re: Other Airline's information
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 09:54:09 PM »
You can't view this information. You can only ask your competitor to share it.

Sigma

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 10:27:03 PM »
Odd that they've taken such a large chunk of the pax.  Generally speaking, price is not much of a factor of demand in AWS.   If you were dead-equal in every other factor (same planes, same departure times, same freq, same CI/RI, etc) and you slashed prices 50%, you might get an extra 5-10% but not 20% or more and especially with a much lower RI compared to the competition.

Presuming you both have the same frequency, as you stated, I can only think of 3 things off the top of my head that would cause such an advantage, two of which you would have noticed with poor LF even before the competition showed up.

1>  Flights too close together -- you'd likely have been flying <50% LF before he competition came along if this was a factor.
2>  Your seating sucks (High density on >3hr flights, etc) -- again, you'd have noticed this with poor LF even before they showed up
3>  Your competitor's CI is higher than yours (this is most likely).  CI is extremely important as to marketshare.  You mention your RI, but CI is FAR more important.  You can view their CI, though you have to find it within the scoring section of the game (unless it's been added to Airline Info, I can't recall).

philkirk99

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 06:12:12 PM »
Many thanks for that very thorough reply - really appreciate it. Obviously, things are a little different on that route now but next time something similar happens, I will look more closely at all those variables.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.