Big American Airlines order

Started by juanchopancho, July 20, 2011, 05:12:11 PM

ArcherII

My take is that when I finally get a gig at the big airlines, the only airplanes flying will be those ugly rear-mounted-propfans concepts with rectangular cross section, gull-esque wings with 4 aisle cabin....and oh! no pilots!

Pilot Oatmeal

It'll take a LOOONG time for pilots to be taken out of planes, and when it does happen they will still need someone there incase it goes wrong... Maybe 50-70 years till it happens...

ArcherII

Quote from: Pilot Oatmeal on September 02, 2011, 06:44:33 AM
It'll take a LOOONG time for pilots to be taken out of planes, and when it does happen they will still need someone there incase it goes wrong... Maybe 50-70 years till it happens...

I think you're right, anyways the Navajos still require a pilot  ;D

Pilot Oatmeal

Quote from: ArcherII on September 02, 2011, 04:56:37 PM
I think you're right, anyways the Navajos still require a pilot  ;D

Oh yes, and all the corporate guys will as well as I don't think that kind of technology will be cheap!

Meicci

Quote from: Pilot Oatmeal on August 31, 2011, 07:05:46 PM
Well its all growth and since I've got dual nationality I get access to both the EU and USA job markets, I've had my PPL since a few weeks after my 17th birthday haha, I'm 18 in 30 days :)

What the..? How much studying is needed to have CPL in your country?

In here, Finland, the lowest possible age to be a pilot, is around 22-23. And that's in theory.

Pilot Oatmeal

I don't have a CPL, I have a PPL (Private Pilots Licence)... I can fly but I can't fly for reward... to have a CPL you have to be 18, but I won't get mine because of university and finance till after my 21st birthday most likely

Pilot Oatmeal

Sorry I've just seen your actual question... the studying side takes about 3-4 months depending on where you etc... the whole course if you do integrated usually takes about 60 weeks and the UK has probably the toughest training in Europe, if not the world