City based demand

Started by edidiot, January 05, 2009, 01:48:19 PM

qunow

Quote from: ArcherII on November 15, 2016, 02:10:52 PM
When the demand was designed in AWS (2006?), it used the available data of that time. HND has recently opened to international traffic.

Argentina also has an awful domestic demand, unlike RL. But that is probably due to the lack of official statistics at that time.

Actually, for data in AWS, do they take the data at one point of time (2006) and then extrapolate the data to 1960-2030, or are they matching the demand over time? Like would you get reduced traffic to Iran after Iranian revolution, reduced traffic to Japan after bubble economy failed, or reduced global traffic after 9/11, reduce in traffic in former USSR countries after USSR collapse, or huge boom in traffic in recent years in China/Dubai or in 1980s in Mexico?

ArcherII

Quote from: qunow on November 16, 2016, 09:36:24 AM
Actually, for data in AWS, do they take the data at one point of time (2006) and then extrapolate the data to 1960-2030, or are they matching the demand over time? Like would you get reduced traffic to Iran after Iranian revolution, reduced traffic to Japan after bubble economy failed, or reduced global traffic after 9/11, reduce in traffic in former USSR countries after USSR collapse, or huge boom in traffic in recent years in China/Dubai or in 1980s in Mexico?

That change in demand is coded after the "event" system, which I believe overrides the demand system up to that point, and then goes back to normal...or not.

qunow

Quote from: ArcherII on November 16, 2016, 01:33:57 PM
That change in demand is coded after the "event" system, which I believe overrides the demand system up to that point, and then goes back to normal...or not.
I am asking/talking what's used as normal in the game. Like for a game start in 1960/1970/1980/1990/2000/etc., are their baseline start level from historical economic data at the time or?

ArcherII

Quote from: qunow on November 17, 2016, 01:29:02 PM
I am asking/talking what's used as normal in the game. Like for a game start in 1960/1970/1980/1990/2000/etc., are their baseline start level from historical economic data at the time or?

No, it's an interpolation from the baseline demand. 1960's would be a 20%-ish of 2006 demand I guess.

qunow

Quote from: ArcherII on November 17, 2016, 02:07:55 PM
No, it's an interpolation from the baseline demand. 1960's would be a 20%-ish of 2006 demand I guess.
That mean, before KIX open, Osaka won't have any international pax?

ArcherII

Quote from: qunow on November 17, 2016, 10:38:32 PM
That mean, before KIX open, Osaka won't have any international pax?

In that case, there's some kind of split between both airports. Before KIX opens, Itami is having domestic and international traffic.

diskoerekto

I've been waiting for years to restart playing. Still nothing about connecting passengers?

DanDan

Quote from: diskoerekto on January 29, 2019, 03:21:59 PM
I've been waiting for years to restart playing. Still nothing about connecting passengers?

not yet. i would really like to see a "AWS development-pipeline-thread", but Sami is a bit greedy when it comes to giving away infos ;)

i inquired and got the reply that IFE and such eyecandy is the "next thing", even before CBD. although i do not think that CBD and connecting passengers are in the same development... but then again, not sure ;)

diskoerekto

CBD and connecting pax were always regarded as part of the same development, at least it was always discussed under the same (this) thread. Now that we have CBD for cargo, I'm assuming we might have CBD for pax any time soon, and after some eye candy connecting pax?

Every once in a while I come to forums to check if it's already implemented, and find my account deleted of inactivity. I create it again, check and go away for a few more months :)

JumboShrimp

Cargo is running under CBD.

Maybe connections could be implemented for cargo first ...

wilian.souza2

Or will be implemented along with pax CBD.

diskoerekto

so, no timeline or anything and no reply from Sami  :(

emrah.dincer

it's me again (the previous poster is me) asking about CBD for pax and connecting flights (or 6th freedom)