Summer Transfer Window

Started by cht7520, July 14, 2011, 03:43:03 AM

alexgv1

Aguero has joined the Premiership. Was it Chelsea?
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

ArcherII

Quote from: alexgv1 on July 21, 2011, 10:40:29 PM
Aguero has joined the Premiership. Was it Chelsea?

Nothing confirmed here in Argentina, but rumours indicate that Agüero might join The Citeh if Tevez goes to Italy (Inter).

cht7520

Bojan signs for AS Roma from FC Barcelona for around 10 million.

ArcherII

Quote from: LuisSuarez7 on July 23, 2011, 06:07:59 AM
Bojan signs for AS Roma from FC Barcelona for around 10 million.

Those kind of transfers you simply can't replicate in Football Manager :(
First Roma buys Bojan for 12mil euros, but in the next season (by contract terms) Barcelona can purchase Bojan back for 13mil. If Roma refuses, the italians must pay additional 30-40mil(forgot the real number) to Barça.
Financial engineering uh?

cht7520

Aston Villa agrees fee with Wigan Athletic for Charles N'Zogbia (aka Insomnia, if you knew why he left Newcastle) in the region of 9.5 million.

cht7520

Quote from: ArcherII on July 23, 2011, 07:15:34 AM
Those kind of transfers you simply can't replicate in Football Manager :(
First Roma buys Bojan for 12mil euros, but in the next season (by contract terms) Barcelona can purchase Bojan back for 13mil. If Roma refuses, the italians must pay additional 30-40mil(forgot the real number) to Barça.
Financial engineering uh?

Ahh, football manager, I haven't played that in ages. Mainly because I need to look at the used market page so many times a day that I just can't do both.

ArcherII

Quote from: LuisSuarez7 on July 26, 2011, 11:47:24 AM
Ahh, football manager, I haven't played that in ages. Mainly because I need to look at the used market page so many times a day that I just can't do both.

Last one I played was FM2010, back when I had my laptop (which was lost in a fire  :'().

cht7520

Sergio Aguero arrives in Manchester to complete his 38 million move to Manche$ter Citeh, as well as undergoing a medical.

alexgv1

Quote from: BBC news** Man Utd spending not over - Gill **
Manchester United chief executive David Gill admits the club are still hopeful of making one more signing during the summer transfer window.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14285602.stm

Seeing as Sneijder deal look off, and Modric has been linked elsewhere, please can we sign Samir Nasri!  8)

cht7520

Please take Nasri away from Arsenal so Liverpool can knock them off the Top 4. ;)

ArcherII

How much money would ManU need to offer to get Nasri out of London? Are the Gunners needing some cash? if not, the only way I believe Nasri would end up in Manchester is if he wanted to. Does he?

alexgv1

I think there is some desire. And he is certainly being urged by his countrymen like Patrice Evra.

cht7520

Nasri hasn't come out and said a thing about the rumours, that's enough desire for me.

cht7520

Is it me or is there a lot of 5 year contracts flying around lately? ???

d2031k

Quote from: LuisSuarez7 on July 30, 2011, 03:13:41 AM
Is it me or is there a lot of 5 year contracts flying around lately? ???

I think it's so the buying clubs don't lose too much when the player decides he wants to move on in 2 years because he's fed up of warming the Eastlands bench.  That way the rest of the contract has to be bought out, either by the player or the next club.

cht7520

Quote from: Daveos on July 30, 2011, 12:16:58 PM
warming the Eastlands bench.

Yes mate!

I remember last year they were wearing mittens on the Ethiad bench.

[attachment expired]

cht7520

Joey Barton told he's allowed to leave Newcastle United on a free.

True, Barton has his past demons, but I'm completely behind Barton on this. No players and fans deserve to be treated like that by people as low as Mike Ashley, who seems hellbent on destroying Newcastle United Football Club.

Mike Ashley has dug himself a massive hole now, now he's practically shoved their two best players that are left out the door.

d2031k

Charity shield predictions for the first Manchester derby of the season?

1-0 United for me - Nani - 27th minute  ;D

alexgv1

Quote from: Daveos on August 07, 2011, 12:26:32 PM
Charity shield predictions for the first Manchester derby of the season?

1-0 United for me - Nani - 27th minute  ;D

Please  ;D

cht7520

LOL CITY.

Please Man Utd beat them. I can't stand those *£$%@.

Money can't buy you class.