Game without Boeing, Airbus and McDonnell Douglas

Started by GEnx, July 12, 2011, 02:42:22 PM

GEnx

Since most players experience a sense of monotony in most subsequent games they play, I thought of a "what if" scenario for a next game. As per the title, a game (in a modern era) without Boeing, Airbus and McDonnell Douglas would force players to resort to different strategies. Not sure how the long haul aspect of the game would be fixed in that case, but for, say, a North America or Europe Challenge this could be pretty interesting. Please note, this is particularly aimed at the more experienced players. So, what do you think? Do you also want to try something new for a change?

Dave4468

I'd love to see that. It would be very interesting to see what happens. I suspect A LOT of ATRs, -Q400s and E-Jets.

GEnx

Yep, but AVRO and BAe would also be solid choices.. See, that is what I mean. :P

GDK

I think the Fokker 100 will be the next hottest plane in the market.

Dave4468

A game world where if it wasn't built in a potato field by a man called Vladimir you can't use it!

Fuel prices pass $100, everyone b/ks!

slither360

Personally, I want another Alliance Challenge...

Maarten Otto

thedr2

Quote from: Dave4468 on July 12, 2011, 03:32:40 PM
A game world where if it wasn't built in a potato field by a man called Vladimir you can't use it!

Fuel prices pass $100, everyone b/ks!

I like this idea very much.   :laugh:
How about a smaller game for experienced players, set in the Soviet Union, where all players must use Russian built aircraft?

Dave4468

Quote from: Dan380 on July 12, 2011, 07:31:10 PM
How about a smaller game for experienced players, set in the Soviet Union, where all players must use Russian built aircraft?

That would be very frustrating to play in. But it would be very funny to watch.  :laugh:

Ilyushin

Quote from: Dan380 on July 12, 2011, 07:31:10 PM

There needs to be a demand boost then, because even in 1995, domestic demand is lower than 100 to most airports...

swiftus27

I cant wait to fly moar convair

edit: and lockheed too!

thedr2

Quote from: Ilyushin on July 12, 2011, 07:49:25 PM
There needs to be a demand boost then, because even in 1995, domestic demand is lower than 100 to most airports...

Hmm yeah that sounds a little low. I'm guessing that's not how it is IRL?