Next game world schedules

Started by Sami, June 14, 2011, 03:30:55 PM

Sami

The current Beginner World scenario is about to end soon, and as per our normal scenario rotation schedule the next newcomer game world will start shortly. The expected launch time for next Beginner scenario is this Friday, 17th June, at approximately 14.00 UTC.

Also one of the regular full worlds, Modern Times #4, has only about a month of play time left. The follow-up scenario will begin with the same theme some days before the MT#4 ends. The exact schedule will be posted later on. We are hoping to complete the remainder of planned updates for software engine version 1.3 before this scenario is due to start, so some last minute changes to the schedule are still possible.

GEnx

Great stuff, sami. Definitely looking forward to playing v1.3. :)

slither360

V1.3 is great.

I'm looking forward to playing it,
Will there be a test scenario to find any bugs with the new scenario?

Cheers,
Bob

JumboShrimp

Quote from: sami on June 14, 2011, 03:30:55 PM
Also one of the regular full worlds, Modern Times #4, has only about a month of play time left. The follow-up scenario will begin with the same theme some days before the MT#4 ends. The exact schedule will be posted later on. We are hoping to complete the remainder of planned updates for software engine version 1.3 before this scenario is due to start, so some last minute changes to the schedule are still possible.

Could the MT5 scenario run at least 20 years?  There were some scenarios in the past that ran as long as 22 years, IIRC...

The current MT4 ending in 2017 makes some aircraft models kind of useless, and ending in 2020, they would become more viable.  Something like 1998-2022 would be ideal.

type45

I also hope that the next MT world can be extended......1998-2020 is a good idea. If 911 is considered, maybe 1995-2017/2003-2025?

(btw sami can you rearrange the fuel price and make it will not keep on the peak for more than 4 years please? :P )

GEnx

I'd say the world should not run too far into the future since (obviously) not much is known about aircraft being released in that period.

castelino009

Quote from: type45 on June 14, 2011, 05:55:31 PM
I also hope that the next MT world can be extended......1998-2020 is a good idea. If 911 is considered, maybe 1995-2017/2003-2025?

(btw sami can you rearrange the fuel price and make it will not keep on the peak for more than 4 years please? :P )

thats a NO NO.

I think 15 yr period is great- short time frame and anything between 1990-2015 is Perfect- short game keeps people focused.

Zombie Slayer

No, longer is better. It gives me time to fully develop my airline and end with a true final product, not just a big hodge podge of planes. 20-25 years is perfect.

Don
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

Curse

Yep. If the game world lasts only some years, there is no need to replace aircraft etc.

apenfold

If this is going to be a V1.3 world then I think I'd be in favour of a 25 year world, starting in 1990 and running through to 2015 at least. I'm not a big fan of going up to 2020 as the last 3/4 years are pretty much just spent waiting on A350 deliveries with comparatively little happening.

JonnyAngel

Forget 'length' of game worlds for a second; any updates, sami, on the 'when' of the next game world launch will be? I'm jonesing here  ;D

wtdawg

slither360

Exact schedule update please?

:)

Edit: 6/26

Or this can go unanswered and leave me not knowing  >:( >:( >:( :'(

wapp11

Quote from: BobTheCactus on June 25, 2011, 01:31:48 PM
Exact schedule update please?

:)

Edit: 6/26

Or this can go unanswered and leave me not knowing  >:( >:( >:( :'(

July  :laugh:

LostInBKK

Would be nice to get a proper start date. as the last game started at 1am(Thai Time) for us Asian based players >:( Which is not a normal time I am or most people are awake. There is still a big advantage of starting your airline as early in the game as possible.

Cheers
LostInBKK

Sami

No date to inform yet as it is not fully ready. However I will be away for the next week due holidays so will be after that (if problems arise with the updates I wish to be online..).

LostInBKK

Frogiton

If the game ends in 2015, the A350s and 787s become basically a useless addition to the game.

JonnyAngel

If you want, sami, I'd be happy to field any complaints or bug issues you get noted while you're on vacation  :laugh:

LostInBKK

Quote from: Frogiton on June 27, 2011, 05:36:19 PM
If the game ends in 2015, the A350s and 787s become basically a useless addition to the game.
Is that due to release date or cost?