Your best aviation photos

Started by GEnx, June 03, 2011, 07:01:41 PM

GEnx

Since I'm curious as to how many of you sometimes shoot aviation pictures, I thought I'd make a thread to post them in. Here are two MD-11 cockpit pictures of mine.

[attachment expired]

Pilot Oatmeal

Me in my dads Citation CJ1 over North Fort Lauderdale, FL :)

[attachment expired]

Pilot Oatmeal

Concorde, G-BOAC at Manchester Airport, I flew on this in October 2003, one of the very last flights

[attachment expired]

Pilot Oatmeal

Climbing over the Cheshire Countryside just after getting my PPL,

Sorry for the picture quality, i had to edit them in art in order to get airwaysim to post them, otherwise they'd be too big :(

[attachment expired]

Pilot Oatmeal

Over Fort Lauderdale Beach :)

[attachment expired]

thedr2

I hope everyone likes gliders.  :P

powi

castelino009

*A380 @ Farnborough 2010 with red arrows in the background on flying display
*EK B777 climbing out of MAN
*Concorde @viewing park

[attachment expired]

slither360

All 3 pictures were fantastic!

castelino009

castelino009

VS 747- "English Rose" taking off on a wet MANC runway

[attachment expired]

castelino009

Red arrows display @ Farnborough

[attachment expired]

slither360

These ones are fantastic too.

Where do you get these amazing pics?

castelino009

another one @FARN

[attachment expired]

castelino009

Quote from: BobTheCactus on June 07, 2011, 06:10:47 PM
These ones are fantastic too.

Where do you get these amazing pics?

Hey Bob ,

thanks mate, I think I am a average photographer, I give my camera the credit. I travel to MAN usually during the summer- yet to go this year. been to last 3 Farnborough air shows. Where ever I travel- 2 things I do not forget  1) passport 2) my camera :)

Cheers
VJC

castelino009

More A380 - doing moves to impress  :P

[attachment expired]

castelino009

Dash-8 Q400 @IOM

[attachment expired]

RushmoreAir

My best series of photos was when the 787 Dreamliner came into Rapid City last Nov for high wind testing.  It was supposed to be an ultra secret in and out one day thing, but that was the day that one of the other prototypes had the electrical fire.  So it was grounded at my home airport.  Of course I rushed right over.   ;D

I have about a trillion AMAZING Dreamliner pictures.  But it won't let me go below 230kb (original pic 2.1MB).  How can I bypass this?

EDIT:  Figured it out.  Here they are!!!

The coolest thing about a small airport like RAP is that you can get REALLY close to the tarmac.  These pictures were taken with a Nikon Coolpix, not even a SLR or anything.  And virtually no zoom was used.  I was about 50 yards away from the 787.  And the general public could come to where I was standing.  I was peeking my camera right through the airport's fence.  I only wish the rental equipment hadn't been in the way.

[attachment expired]

Ilyushin

Avro Lancaster & BAe Hawk @ EHGG and internship at General Enterprises @ EHGG. Was great fun taxiing that Baron 58 to its parking place. ;D Note the Lancaster in the background in the BAe Hawk picture.

castelino009