Bad weather

Started by MRFREAK, May 30, 2011, 07:36:25 PM

MRFREAK

16 cancelled flights! Come on man!  :P

And it's been going on for the 3rd real life day in a row.

LemonButt

Quote from: MRFREAK on May 30, 2011, 07:36:25 PM
16 cancelled flights! Come on man!  :P

And it's been going on for the 3rd real life day in a row.

I hear ya...I'm based in the windy city (Chicago) and thought it was just me.  I had 20 (~2%) of mine cancelled due to weather and the past few weeks have been even worse pushing my total cancellation to ~5%.

MRFREAK

I'm based in Komamoto (Japan) and i must have been hit by somekind of monsoon or something.  :'(

RushmoreAir

I got stuck in Chicago yesterday.  Had to overnight, and take an early flight through MSP.   :-\

gustweit

psw231

Why are you laughing?

Dave4468

ACDennison

Weather cannot surprise me... I'm British :laugh:

Ilyushin

This game is unrealistic! My flights from Moscow get cancelled too, while in real life Aeroflot flies even when there is volcanic ash in the skies! ;D

LemonButt

Quote from: Ilyushin on June 08, 2011, 01:32:11 PM
This game is unrealistic! My flights from Moscow get cancelled too, while in real life Aeroflot flies even when there is volcanic ash in the skies! ;D

I don't think anyone in the history of the game has ever made a claim against their required hull-loss insurance policy.  Once catastrophic airline crashes are modelled I think the weather delays will end up being even higher :(

cht7520

How's this? Super tropical storm?  ;D

[attachment expired]

cht7520

Forget that one, it's gone up to 82 cancelled.

MRFREAK

Quote from: LuisSuarez7 on June 09, 2011, 02:24:38 AM
Forget that one, it's gone up to 82 cancelled.

Where are you based at???

cht7520

Sharm El Sheikh - Ophira (HESH) Egypt

Ghosty

Maybe the bad weather just stops you having to claim on your insurance?  :)

Has anyone ever had to claim on their insurance?  :-\

flightsimer

The worst is pittsburgh. In real life, we have been shut down twice for any given time since 1993. Both times came last year. Once when we got nearly 30in of snow in 12hrs and the other was just for a few hours when we had a category 1 hurricane come through (yes, there was a hurricane in PA it came up through the gulf and reduced to a tropical storm as it came north, but hit a warm patch and restrengthened into a cate 1 hurricane with winds almost at 100mph).

We have the best de-icing system in the country (literally). We have five seperate de-icing pads across the airport along with all the all trucks for at the gates.

Yet i have had a lot of delays and cancelations in the last two real days.

MRFREAK

This starts to get annoying, everytime i've logged in since i made this thread, i have had approx. 15+ cancellations due bad weather.... When does this stop?  :'(

Curse

Never. You will always have problems because of weather - but in winter more than in summer.

Maybe there is an exception for Australia or so, I don't know, never based there.

alexgv1

Pray for global warming!  8)
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)