Salon International de l'Aéronautique et de l'Espace, Paris-Le Bourget

Started by Jona L., May 29, 2011, 08:06:58 PM

EYguy

I bet you could have saved some money on the ticket staying there overnight. I usually take a nap in the business class lounge, cuddled by the lounge attendants! :-P

Btw, to anyoe who might be interested: have a look at "Priority pass" over the internet. It is a card (with various prices and relative tiers) that allows you to access business class lounges around the world. Hope it helps... I used to have it when I was around 20yrs old: it cost a few Euros per year but at least you can have a decent time between or before flights.

Edo

slither360

Or just get Star Alliance Gold Status with Aegean Airlines - only 19k miles needed for 3 years of lounge access

EYguy

Yeah, but how many flights do you need to get those 19.000 miles? ;) If I fly full far with LH (say, a full Y ticket) I can get those miles by the time I go to the USA to visit my bro and with two european flights. And if Aegean Airlines flies only local flights in Greece, it would take ages to get to 19.000 miles! ;)

Edo

slither360

Quote from: EYguy on May 31, 2011, 04:14:03 AM
Yeah, but how many flights do you need to get those 19.000 miles? ;) If I fly full far with LH (say, a full Y ticket) I can get those miles by the time I go to the USA to visit my bro and with two european flights. And if Aegean Airlines flies only local flights in Greece, it would take ages to get to 19.000 miles! ;)

Edo

Star alliance my friend - I took 1 trip back home to India and I had star alliance gold - you don't even have to fly Aegean, just a star alliance member.

Jona L.

Quote from: ICEcold on May 31, 2011, 02:03:31 AM
you know my position Jona.  :'(

-A.H

Too bad you sit on the wrong side of the pond with the wrong [restrictive] kind of parents... :P ;D

EYguy

Quote from: BobTheCactus on May 31, 2011, 05:11:33 AM
Star alliance my friend - I took 1 trip back home to India and I had star alliance gold - you don't even have to fly Aegean, just a star alliance member.

Well, if you fly first/business class and use Aegean Airlines you can probably get those miles in a single shot! ;) But I tried the same trick with United (for me it would just be great because I have a fidelity credit card for Miles&More and the USD is soooo low compared to the €uro but it didn't work! :( )

Edo

slither360

Quote from: EYguy on May 31, 2011, 11:14:20 PM
Well, if you fly first/business class and use Aegean Airlines you can probably get those miles in a single shot! ;) But I tried the same trick with United (for me it would just be great because I have a fidelity credit card for Miles&More and the USD is soooo low compared to the €uro but it didn't work! :( )

Edo

The Aegean card is only available in Greek banks, which is not a good idea considering their economy ;)

ICEcoldair881

Quote from: Jona L. on May 31, 2011, 09:22:37 PM
Too bad you sit on the wrong side of the pond with the wrong [restrictive] kind of parents... :P ;D

I know, believe me..  ::)  :(

-A.H

GEnx

I'm opting out, unfortunately. Too much money and effort for too little return (though I'd definitely like to see you guys one time ;)). Finances are strained being a university student, you know. :P

alexgv1

Quote from: Quinoky on June 03, 2011, 06:13:35 PM
Finances are strained being a university student, you know. :P

Yeah, tell me about it! I'm having to get a job to pay for all these adventures. You must be even poorer you've got a woman to pay after too  ::)
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Jona L.

Quote from: Quinoky on June 03, 2011, 06:13:35 PM
Finances are strained being a university student, you know. :P

Student at School is worse :P literally no cash on hand... besides lousy 15€/week as pocket money ;( . At least I know how to negotiate my parents out (in fact I first wanted to do these little 550Km in car.... my mom started nagging about it and had security constraints, etc... well, I effectively minimized 350€ car cost [including rent, insurance, fuel, and toll on French Motorways] to 0€ for a flight ;D [303 bucks being 100% payed by the oldies...]

In conclusion I think neither nor is worse... both on the last step :P

At least you are closer to own cash than me....

Jona L.

GEnx

Quote from: alexgv1 on June 03, 2011, 07:36:09 PM
Yeah, tell me about it! I'm having to get a job to pay for all these adventures. You must be even poorer you've got a woman to pay after too  ::)

Exactly.. There certainly are some disadvantages of having a girlfriend. :laugh:

Jona, believe me, being a student at school is the most comfortable financial position you'll ever find yourself in. Later on you'll have to deal with a huge variety of costs such as mortgages and loan interest. And even though I get €256,- monthly from the government, expenses are far higher than that which you'll find out in time -- rent, tuitition fees, literature, even food for god's sake is bloody expensive once you have to support yourself. Especially taking into account the fact that your parents are apparently kind enough to spend €300,- on you for a day trip to Paris (after all, it seems like there was no question about whether you were going or not), consider yourself very lucky.

--Parenting mode off. :P

Jona L.

Quote from: Quinoky on June 03, 2011, 11:59:14 PM
Especially taking into account the fact that your parents are apparently kind enough to spend €300,- on you for a day trip to Paris (after all, it seems like there was no question about whether you were going or not), consider yourself very lucky.

Well, I was sure to go, and I'd have payed the 350€ for the goddamn car, but my mom didn't want me to go by car... but as I am 18 by then (in 8 days actually :) ) I told her it was no discussion... well, in the end they pay it as an "extended B-day-present" (main one is a weekend Trip to London 11th/12th June) Anyhow, yes I am lucky :)
Quote from: Quinoky on June 03, 2011, 11:59:14 PM
--Parenting mode off. :P
Thank god ;D

Jona L.

EYguy

Jona: found your own lufttransport unternhem and start making big money.

Quinoky: next time you find a gf, find one who either very rich or has a job with proper salary. Better yet, find a girl who is a f/a! ;)

Guys, it's just beaitulf being picked up at the gate by a Porsche Panamera and being dropped off at the First Class terminal in FRA... Having bfast in front of a pc in the business room! ;)

Edo

Jona L.

Quote from: EYguy on June 04, 2011, 04:26:33 AM
Jona: found your own lufttransport unternhem and start making big money.

To correct the german, Edo:
Lufttransport Unternehmen

Anyhow... that is a dream for the future :) Founding LLL corporation with LLL Passenger Airlines (Operating from LHR beating the sh*t out of Willie Walsh and BA); LLL Cargo [preferably from Stansted]; LLL Catering for my airline, etc, etc, etc... hell, AWS makes your sense for reality fade LOL ;D :P

Anyhow back to topic (again):
I am still at the same list of people ;(
Quote from: Jona L. on May 30, 2011, 06:35:45 PM
Jona L. - coming
alexgv1 - coming
Quinoky - tries to come Low Chance...

Jona L.