Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Aircraft Cycle & Hour Limits  (Read 14115 times)

Offline schro

• Members
Re: Aircraft Cycle & Hour Limits
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 01:46:10 PM »
Well, this issue of turn around time still has to be discussed... I don't know why Air France could turn around its A380 in LHR in 90 mins this summer instead of the 110 we have here in AWS. Btw, talking to professional pilot I was told that on short haul routes, where your need of fuel is low and the food is probably stored on board the a/c for both the outbound and the inbound flights, thos turn around time can be lowered of 25% without having any major delay at arrival airport.

Btw Schro, I think you should really speak to my bro: he claims that FedEx a/c are flying way too many cycles because they're usually loaded at their MTOW when not flying empty for repositiong (yea, FedEx flies empty a/c around the world... Incredible but true!).

I would hope that he's not confusing the MD-10's they have with their MD-11's. They've got about the same number of each.... (MD 10's are DC-10's with MD11 glass in the cockpit). It appears that fedex and ups both block flight data from flightaware for tail numbers, otherwise I would have pulled up "a week in the life" of one of the birds as an example. Oh well.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2011, 09:46:08 PM »
Overall too complicated in my mind, even for data reasons.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2011, 09:49:26 PM »
Overall too complicated in my mind, even for data reasons.

Maybe one day can we return to this..?

Sorry it's just that technical things like this really appeal to people like me.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: [-] Aircraft Cycle & Hour Limits
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2011, 09:52:49 PM »
Sure if someone digs the data for all models in the database, then it's not a problem at all; easy even to ground the plane when cycles or hours are full.

But I know that it ain't going to happen. :P  (since I believe the data isn't available really for all models, especially old eastern planes)

Offline alexgv1

• Members
Re: [-] Aircraft Cycle & Hour Limits
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2011, 09:56:57 PM »
But I know that it ain't going to happen. :P  (since I believe the data isn't available really for all models, especially old eastern planes)

Probably right about that...  :P getting any info on the engine release dates was an impossible mission. We need a dedicated AWS data monkey who can find these things.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.