AWS's Official..... Anime thread!! Fans welcomed!

Started by Talentz, May 13, 2011, 04:34:57 AM

Talentz

Yes!! It has finally come true!

If you didn't already know, I am a big fan of anime. In fact, anime consumes the majority of my free time.

~ The goal of this thread is to share, chat and enjoy the anime we have watched and/or are watching at this time.

Feel free to comment, post thoughts about this. Please, I ask that we keep flaming out of this thread. If you don't like/ not interested in anime, then move on and create your own thread. Thanks!!

Now, I prefer to watch new release anime. It airs in Japan and (hopefully) within about a day, its fansubbed and released to everyone else.

Here is my animelist which keeps track of what I have watched and are watching. http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Talentz

I generally update it daily.

Thinking of an anime related to AWS... the only shows I can recall are Area 88 and Sky Crawlers. Not specifically airline related, but are aircraft based maybe? Anyone know of an airline management anime they have seen or heard about?

Anywho, join me and share your passion with the rest of us!!

Talentz

Ilyushin

I have seen Lucky Star (my former girlfriend was anime addicted) and I liked it :-[

Jps

Gunslinger Girl and Elfen Lied are the ones I've seen completely.

Then there are maybe a dozen I've only seen few episodes of... The latest is GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka), which is quite nice.
A friend of mine is a huge fan of anime, so I usually watch them when visiting him  ::)

Pilot Oatmeal

is gundam wing anime? used to watch that one, heero yuy was pretty sick xD

Men

I love The Wallflowers or Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge. It's very funny.  :laugh:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/the_wallflower/

Ilyushin

Quote from: J. Oates on May 13, 2011, 11:06:19 AM
is gundam wing anime?

Yep.

I am sure anyone born in the 1990s has seen anime when they were still small.

alexgv1

I watched Ghost in the Shell, that was pretty neat. Not because it was anime but just because it had a great, immersive plot which really left me thinking. Kind of like the Matrix to me. Anybody else seen it?
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Talentz

Ghost in the shell? I have seen a couple of episodes. Pretty good, but i never followed through. I wonder why?

Lucky Star and Elfen Lied are classics!!

Talentz

alexgv1

Quote from: Talentz on May 13, 2011, 05:00:24 PM
Ghost in the shell? I have seen a couple of episodes. Pretty good, but i never followed through. I wonder why?

It's a series? What I watched was like a feature length film, just a one off.

Pilot Oatmeal

yea im a 90s kid, I loved Gundam Wing, it was an awesome show... i'd love to watch some of the episodes again, i used to have the movie endless waltz on VHS but i think i lost it :-\

Jps

Quote from: alexgv1 on May 13, 2011, 04:54:19 PM
I watched Ghost in the Shell, that was pretty neat. Not because it was anime but just because it had a great, immersive plot which really left me thinking. Kind of like the Matrix to me. Anybody else seen it?

I don't know if there's a series about it, but I just last month saw both the 1st and 2nd movie, they were awesome, and like you said, really got you thinking  ;)

MRFREAK

I find animes great aswell. Though it needs a great story and plot. Also i like some comedys aswell :)

Seitokai Yakuindomo is funny as hell. :)

mtnlion

I like some main-stream animes like Naruto and Dragon BallZ, but that's about it. Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin has always been hugely popular in Finland and that was the first anime series I ever watched.

Also technically the Moomins are anime, but they're made for small kids.

alexgv1

Quote from: mtnlion on May 13, 2011, 09:22:43 PM
Also technically the Moomins are anime, but they're made for small kids.

I hated the Moomins, seriously that stuff was so freaky it used to give me nightmares. The little girl was soo creepy. I think it would still shake me up even now.

EYguy

MRFREAK

Quote from: alexgv1 on May 14, 2011, 01:06:19 AM
I hated the Moomins, seriously that stuff was so freaky it used to give me nightmares. The little girl was soo creepy. I think it would still shake me up even now.

That's so true! I don't understand why it's a small children show. Cause there is some scary sh*t  stuff  in  that some times. :)

MRFREAK

At the moment im watching:

We without wings under the innocent sky and Steins Gate.

Steins Gate has a strange story, but still it catches you somehow :)

Best anime i ever seen is Myself;Yourself. It has a fantastic story. You have to see it :)

Talentz

Setiokai was pretty funny. The ED was probably what I liked about it best though ^_^

I am watching those same two shows as well. I watched Chaos;Head which is in the same family of Steins;Gate. So far I like both.

Innocent sky was a bit jumpy with the story for the first 2 eps, but after ep 5, it's starting to pick up.

~ I am not a big mecha fan so I can't comment on the gundam shows.... but that doesn't mean I wont watch mecha. Did anyone just watch Star Driver? I liked it.

Talentz

MRFREAK

About "We without wings under the innocent sky"

It's true the story is a bit jumpy in the beginning, though i think they probably did it to let the audience know their characters. But the thing that makes me like the show is that it is a "slice of life" anime. since that is my favourite genre. But it starts to give a little sence.

alexgv1

A couple of nice songs with an anime style music video (which I also find pleasing):

Nero - Innocence
Nero - Me & You

Think this guy is inspired by computer games and anime somewhat.

Hope you all enjoy...