Dawn of the Millennium starts this Friday

Started by Sami, May 11, 2011, 04:56:29 PM

Sami

The next AirwaySim game world will start this Friday, on May 13th. The Dawn of the Millennium scenario runs in 1980s and 1990s featuring the interesting period of transition from old first generation jets to the present-day airliners.

Estimated start time is on May 13th at approximately 18.00 UTC.

wtdawg

Curse

Wow, that's an amazing chance for other people to get some aircraft from the used market. I'm away till Sunday 15th 11am :D

Btw, sami, have you thought about extending the game world to 25 or 30 years to make it much more usefull to replace aircraft a first/second time?  :)

RushmoreAir

WOOHOO!

Finally, another new DOTM.  My favorite scenario!

Quote from: Curse on May 11, 2011, 05:27:31 PM
Wow, that's an amazing chance for other people to get some aircraft from the used market. I'm away till Sunday 15th 11am :D

There will actually be an opportunity for other airlines to grow now!   :P ;D

slither360

Petition for it to start at 19:00 instead of 18:00

1.BobTheCactus

alexgv1

Quote from: BobTheCactus on May 11, 2011, 08:07:26 PM
Petition for it to start at 19:00 instead of 18:00

1.BobTheCactus

Do you remember that the first day is 24 hours long?
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Curse

slither360

Quote from: alexgv1 on May 11, 2011, 08:41:15 PM
Do you remember that the first day is 24 hours long?

Yes, but I still would rather have it start at 19:00 instead of 18:00

alexgv1

Quote from: BobTheCactus on May 11, 2011, 08:46:34 PM
Yes, but I still would rather have it start at 19:00 instead of 18:00

I would rather it starts at 17:59 but I don't think sami will change it just for little old me
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

slither360

Quote from: alexgv1 on May 11, 2011, 08:47:50 PM
I would rather it starts at 17:59 but I don't think sami will change it just for little old me

Fair enough

Sami

Seriously, there is no difference at all if you are online at 18 or 19. You will be able to base the airport of your choice and have the same full selection of used aircraft too (it refreshes multiple times on first day).

= Just be online sometime during the evening and you're fine.

diskoerekto

I've been anxiously waiting for this game world to start. I thought you were running late. Then I discovered I am 3 hours before UTC, not 2. Dammit I could have taken a haircut after work before game starts :).

Talentz

Quote from: sami on May 11, 2011, 09:18:32 PM
Seriously, there is no difference at all if you are online at 18 or 19. You will be able to base the airport of your choice and have the same full selection of used aircraft too (it refreshes multiple times on first day).

= Just be online sometime during the evening and you're fine.

Actually, over the years I have found starting within the first few hours to be disadvantageous. I prefer to start mid to late in the 24 hr period after most of my competition has chosen there first aircraft and routes.  At that point I can analyze, rank there threat and develop a strategy to compete with them.

But that's just me I think...

Talentz

Ilyushin

Quote from: Talentz on May 14, 2011, 03:57:18 AM
Actually, over the years I have found starting within the first few hours to be disadvantageous. I prefer to start mid to late in the 24 hr period after most of my competition has chosen there first aircraft and routes.  At that point I can analyze, rank there threat and develop a strategy to compete with them.

But that's just me I think...

Talentz

Competition will usually not fly to routes that is already flown to. So you can get the better routes first. ;D