Randomization of Events?

Started by minerva, May 02, 2011, 05:13:06 PM

minerva

So, I know that new aircraft model releases are randomized by as much as +/- 18 months to avoid players planning around known release dates, but is it also the case that world events are being randomized too?  I ask because Southern Rhodesia most definitely did not become independent in Oct. 1962 as stated in Events in JT4.  The UDI (Unilateral Declaration of Independence) didn't take place until 1965.  So what exactly is randomized now in AWS?

GEnx

Might be an error in the database.

I believe only the aircraft introductions are randomized. And, obviously, fuel prices and interest rates are "randomized" if they're not based on the real world, which differs per game world (though it tends to more or less follow the real world situations).

Jona L.

Quote from: Quinoky on May 02, 2011, 08:28:52 PM
Might be an error in the database.

I believe only the aircraft introductions are randomized. And, obviously, fuel prices and interest rates are "randomized" if they're not based on the real world, which differs per game world (though it tends to more or less follow the real world situations).

Fuel is not at all real world like.... otherwise DotM (year 2000) would not be as easy as it is with 200-300$ fuel prices (ag highest, usually <200).

As it is stated in the game disctiption: "Fuel prices: Custom"

Jona L.

GEnx

I know fuel prices are sometimes set to "Custom", that's exactly what I meant with "if they're not based on the real world". But again, the tendency is that fuel prices approximately follow the real world even when fuel is set to custom. And of course, there are always exceptions (like DotM).