Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Reducing from 3 to 2 Fleet groups - no saving...?  (Read 768 times)

Offline ACDennison

• Members
Reducing from 3 to 2 Fleet groups - no saving...?
« on: March 15, 2011, 12:12:13 AM »
In DotM I recently went down to two fleet groups, ATRs and BAC 1-11's, having previously operated the BAe ATP as well.  However, I have not seen any notable reduction is commonality and/or staff training costs... slightly worried, I had partly made the change based on the fact I should achieve a commonality saving.  Aslo, in a few months I am getting a new 3rd type, and I'm worried this will add to my costs as if it were a 4th type.   Can anyone shed any light on all this?

For the record I have ~70 aircraft in each of my fleet groups.  If no-one knows anything, or everyone thinks I should have seen a reduction, this may be a bug - but I don't want to assume it is yet.  If sami is around and has a look I won't mind though!

Sigma

• Former member
Re: Reducing from 3 to 2 Fleet groups - no saving...?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 12:47:06 AM »
There is no appreciable, if any, penalty up to 3 fleets.

Offline CVACEO

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 03:06:59 AM »
There is no appreciable, if any, penalty up to 3 fleets.

I wonder if it has to do with operating different size-classes, because I was operating three fleet types ... 1 large and 2 very large fleet types.  I dumped the second very-large fleet type and immediately saw the commonality costs for both my remaining fleet types cut almost precisely in half.  Dunno, but the numbers don't lie.

Offline Mr. Pete

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 08:25:06 AM »
Had same thing. After adding 3rd group my fleet costs rised 100%.

GEnx

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 09:40:38 AM »
The key is scale. If you have, say 2 B747-200's, 2 B737-200's and 1 BAC 1-11, then your commonality costs are relatively high compared to your revenue. When you get to the fourth fleet group, that's where things get extremely crude.

Offline ACDennison

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 01:09:06 PM »
Yeah - I remeber my costs doubling when I added the thrid fleet group... I'm wondering if growing the other fleet groups substantially actually brought that increase progressivly down, such that on scrapping the third group I don't notice a saving... bit of a pain, had ben hoping to save some $ on commonality.  Still, maybe that means my new third group won't cause a jump in costs - if it does I'm gonna be in trouble or at least struggling for a while... have to wait and see .

Anyone else care to chip in?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.