Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Flights Too Long??  (Read 2858 times)

Pike

• Former member
Re: Flights Too Long??
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2011, 06:28:39 PM »
Its not realistic and since this is a "Airline Management Simulation" it is not up to scratch and requires fixing

Really dude?!

Jesus, you guys must be bnred to honestly be worried about something like this.  It's a game for crying out
loud.  If it were a 'real' 'real' 'real' simulation, you'd need to hire 100 folks with various degrees to help you run it.

The game has a few flaws I would love to see addressed, but this one is absurd.

Pike

• Former member
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2011, 06:31:55 PM »
Right fair enough, i wasnt complaining I was simply answering swiftuses question.  It was like swiftus asking you why does geting connecting pax important?

The two questions aren't apples to apples.

After that thread you starred in the other night, I'm starting to think you simply like to start arguments for arguments sake.

Offline elvis141

• Members
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2011, 06:43:56 PM »
Frequency is not a problem because that is what real airline does to compete for passengers. But if the Frequency is scheduled with several departures on the sam time like 1800 then it become unrealistics...

But I agree with the one who started this thread that it is problem with flights that are too long...

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2011, 09:12:58 PM »
Frequency is not a problem because that is what real airline does to compete for passengers. But if the Frequency is scheduled with several departures on the sam time like 1800 then it become unrealistics...

Let's go head to head and I will show you how frequency owns. 

Offline JonesyUK

• Members
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2011, 09:20:51 PM »

Yes, but I bet pricing would have more of an effect in real llife than frequency (It has little effect in game).

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2011, 09:33:07 PM »
Yes, but I bet pricing would have more of an effect in real llife than frequency (It has little effect in game).

total agreement.  there are thousands of people who would fly out at inconvenient times even if it meant the savings of only $20.

Offline elvis141

• Members
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2011, 10:31:47 PM »
Let's go head to head and I will show you how frequency owns. 

It is no point to get upset just because I have a diffrent oppinion then you..

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2011, 10:42:59 PM »
It is no point to get upset just because I have a diffrent oppinion then you..

not upset at all.  dont take it that way.  I can easily show one how frequent flights are still one easy way to dominate an airport.  I personally don't play that way at all.  It is because I absolutely hate it.  In the NA challenge, I am flying with only one fleet type.  I like being crazy efficient.  Simply, no one person could actually defeat me... even in my own base.  Sure, I can't dominate a large airport that way, but it is great that I rarely truly have to worry about competition.

Thankfully, Sami has recently implemented the LHR F.27 rule... it limits the number of flights you can have between two points.  Before, one person would simply get all the slots at a major airport by flying medium turboprops to heavily traveled... see example below.

If flown during normal hours, 21 dash8s would eat 8 752s lunches (~1200 pax a piece). Let's say that demand is 1200 total.  Figure that the dash 8s would get ~70% of the total number of passengers.  That means that they are about 80% full.    The 752s MAYBE will get 50 pax on a flight.  That's extremely unprofitable.

Offline elvis141

• Members
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2011, 11:17:54 PM »
I am sorry I over reacted a little bit

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2011, 01:34:08 AM »
total agreement.  there are thousands of people who would fly out at inconvenient times even if it meant the savings of only $20.

This is true for leisure travelers. As a business traveller, I pay more for frequency and convinience and don't think twice about it.

Offline JonesyUK

• Members
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 04:29:43 PM »
But I would think there are a lot more holiday makers than business travellers ... well on the UK at least.

Offline type45

• Members
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 05:15:56 PM »
well, the type of travelers are one of them, but how about the turn around time? Do I REALLY need to use 3 hours and 20 minutes EVERY TIME to turn around a 744D for loading meals on board, cleaning the waste tank of toilet and make the fuel tank full, when 744D have no galley, no meal served on board, limited amount of fuel need for each flight and little chance in using toilets on board? And the Japanese can load and offload the entire plane within ONE HOUR in real life? THIS is way more important than a little time delay on flying, at lease for me ;)

there are tons of problem need to be fixed, and I think this flying hours extended is not that high on the list......
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 05:22:03 PM by type45 »

Offline JonesyUK

• Members
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 06:08:52 PM »
well, the type of travelers are one of them, but how about the turn around time? Do I REALLY need to use 3 hours and 20 minutes EVERY TIME to turn around a 744D for loading meals on board, cleaning the waste tank of toilet and make the fuel tank full, when 744D have no galley, no meal served on board, limited amount of fuel need for each flight and little chance in using toilets on board? And the Japanese can load and offload the entire plane within ONE HOUR in real life? THIS is way more important than a little time delay on flying, at lease for me ;)

This is because of the Fleet groupings... I think there's a variable turnaround time feature planned for the future.

Offline type45

• Members
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 06:51:10 PM »
that's not the only problem......some 747 flights only stay on ground not more than 1 hour between legs, that means not every leg need a full turn around. For example, CX used 744 on a flight of HKG-NRT-TPE-HKG before, they load everything on board at HKG and spend only 1 hour each at NRT and TPE. Of course before and after that the 744 make a full turn around with around 3 hours at HKG before going long range. I don't mind spending 3 hours before flying tran-Pacific, but this do not make sense on a short haul flight. I really hope sami will fix this later :-\

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.