Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Long Flight Help  (Read 765 times)

Offline iFlysimX

• Members
Long Flight Help
« on: March 07, 2011, 10:07:45 PM »
I have an +14Hrs flight and no matter what time it leaves at it will always land or take off between the no fly time 23-05. What do i do??

Thanks!

slither360

• Former member
Re: Long Flight Help
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 10:10:34 PM »
Don't fly there? lol

I'd suggest you land between 00:00-05:00, since that affects LF less than when you take off

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 10:11:08 PM »
I have an +14Hrs flight and no matter what time it leaves at it will always land or take off between the no fly time 23-05. What do i do??

Thanks!

Don't make so long flights from the start of the game fill up long haul routes under 5000 first

slither360

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 10:13:09 PM »
From his location, he probably has filled up all the shorthaul already. South America doesn't have very high loads...

Offline iFlysimX

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 10:13:34 PM »
Don't make so long flights from the start of the game fill up long haul routes under 5000 first

That wasn't my question......but thank you  ;)

Sanabas

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 10:51:54 PM »

Thanks!

It shouldn't be possible for this to happen. The window for flights outside of 23-05 might be very narrow, but it should still exist. If you take off at 0000 from your home base, what are the other three land/takeoff times?

MattDell

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 11:17:54 PM »

Thanks!

This is mathematically impossible.  If you have somehow found a mathematical anomaly, just make your turnaround time longer than normal to put you into a better takeoff time.  There's no shame in overnighting a plane at another airport.

And 14+ hour flights are barely profitable.  You should seriously consider holding off on this route until you're more established.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 12:10:23 AM by MattDell »

Offline iFlysimX

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 12:58:25 AM »
This is mathematically impossible.  If you have somehow found a mathematical anomaly, just make your turnaround time longer than normal to put you into a better takeoff time.  There's no shame in overnighting a plane at another airport.

And 14+ hour flights are barely profitable.  You should seriously consider holding off on this route until you're more established.

I don't like in this game that LONG flights are not profitable......

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 01:22:22 AM »

Its an accurate reflection of life. Revenue does not increase linearly with distance flown, thus profitability decreases as flight length increases.

Because fuel is basically free in all pre 2000 scenarios, ultra long haul has a chance at profitability then with the right pax mix and plane.

How many 6000+nm routes are flown by real airlines?

MattDell

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 01:29:25 AM »

I bet airlines don't like that in real life LONG flights are not profitable, either.....

It's called the law of diminishing returns.

Frogiton

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 01:39:38 AM »
I bet airlines don't like that in real life LONG flights are not profitable, either.....

It's called the law of diminishing returns.

I'm having odd economics class flashbacks of last semester... But that is a perfect model for this game.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 04:59:23 AM »
Are you guys sure it isn't more appropriate to consider the Ballmer Peak?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.