Leak in F5 rule?

Started by armonmon, March 07, 2011, 03:50:44 PM

armonmon

the moment an aircraft appears on the market, somebody grabs it and there is only one simple explanation for how to do it. You go to the used aircraft page and sort the aircrafts by the manufacturer you want and keep hitting OK button. A very nice way to F5 without getting banned. I don't say I do this way but that is the only way the players grab the planes so fast. Hope the game will be more fair to all players, not for only players that look at the weak sides of the game to turn it to their advantage.

Nonkan

I tried it right now and the warning came after about 5 clicks on the OK-button.

[ATA] - lilius

The reason planes go off the market fast is usually because there are many players looking for them. Its not the same as going nuts on the f5.

jewiden

Quote from: armonmon on March 07, 2011, 03:50:44 PM
You go to the used aircraft page and sort the aircrafts by the manufacturer you want and keep hitting OK button. A very nice way to F5 without getting banned.
This is the *exact* same thing as pressing F5, Ctrl-R, Cmd-R or whatever the keyboard shortcut for refresh is.

(From a web developer point of view: hitting F5 is actually the least reliable way to ensure the page is reloaded)

murloc787

Quote from: armonmon on March 07, 2011, 03:50:44 PM
the moment an aircraft appears on the market, somebody grabs it and there is only one simple explanation for how to do it. You go to the used aircraft page and sort the aircrafts by the manufacturer you want and keep hitting OK button. A very nice way to F5 without getting banned. I don't say I do this way but that is the only way the players grab the planes so fast. Hope the game will be more fair to all players, not for only players that look at the weak sides of the game to turn it to their advantage.

lol, I highly doubt the code works in a way that differentiates the two, you are saying the button posts a value that tells the refresh blocking code to ignore it? doubtful

swiftus27

I am glad you are reporting a possible exploit, butg speed clicking okay on the used ac screen does triggder this.

Sami

No, it is working.

It counts actual page loads, irrelevant if you press 'OK', F5 or 'Used aircaft' from menu (or anything else).

diskoerekto

I keep a window open during I work and whenever I am bored (let's say every 20 minutes) I click F5. Once or twice a day I "catch" a very nice plane (be it a long range 767-200ER or a 757) and lease it. There had been times when I see the plane but it gets leased by somebody else before I happen to click on it but still I can find planes that way. Repeated F5 every second is not necessary to grab nice planes I think.

iFlysimX

Quote from: diskoerekto on March 08, 2011, 08:39:24 PM
I keep a window open during I work and whenever I am bored (let's say every 20 minutes) I click F5. Once or twice a day I "catch" a very nice plane (be it a long range 767-200ER or a 757) and lease it. There had been times when I see the plane but it gets leased by somebody else before I happen to click on it but still I can find planes that way. Repeated F5 every second is not necessary to grab nice planes I think.

Right now it is......its very hard to get plane in MD 4