can't get into a game

Started by brucet000, March 05, 2011, 05:50:58 PM

Sami

I am actually very surprised that all the 500 spaces are still taken. Not very normal...

Also, for info: https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,29553.0.html

brucet000

Well, I've visited as often as I can, 4 1/2 weeks now and the game is still full. or full again, or something. how do i get a refund!!

LemonButt

Quote from: brucet000 on April 05, 2011, 10:11:15 PM
Well, I've visited as often as I can, 4 1/2 weeks now and the game is still full. or full again, or something. how do i get a refund!!

You're not missing much.  Fuel prices and interest rates are going up and there is a 5+ year backlog of new aircraft orders for the most fuel efficient models (A320, B737).  The only slots available at many of the largest airports with dense routes are in the 23-05 hours through the night (you can count the open slots at EGLL on one hand).  The used aircraft market is finally starting to stabilize and there are finally planes with 150+ seats available.

Fuel prices are starting to spike, which means those with a poor fleet strategy will start bankrupting and there will be plenty of space to join in the next week or two :)  It is interesting to note that most of the largest airlines in the game are not opening secondary bases...at least not yet.

Curse

Quote from: LemonButt on April 05, 2011, 10:31:32 PM
It is interesting to note that most of the largest airlines in the game are not opening secondary bases...at least not yet.

Bases are very expensive for (very) big airlines and only generate money if you have lots of international long-range flights with big aircraft or many short flights (3+ per aircraft).

By the way, there are slots for the Early Days Test Scenario. A small and funny game  ;)