Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Route Management Screen - RPK/ASK  (Read 2148 times)

ModeSix

• Former member
Route Management Screen - RPK/ASK
« on: March 04, 2011, 01:33:08 PM »
Yield, / RPK    Revenue, / ASK

On the route management screen there are the following headers.

Can someone please explain them to me, I have tried to find it on the site and forums, but there's no information about these columns anywhere.

Online NorgeFly

• Members
Re: Route Management Screen - RPK/ASK
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 01:59:36 PM »
Yield is the amount of income generated by each passenger on the flight per kilometre, measured in cents per Revenue Passenger Kilometre (c/RPK). You'll find that this figure is generally higher on shorter routes where the fare is relatively high compared to the distance flown.

Revenue is the revenue made for the flight per available seat kilometre measured in cents per ASK (total revenue divided by the number of available seats divided by the number of kilometres flown). This figure gives an idea of how well the route is performing.

These figures provide a way of comparing different routes as they analyse the income generated per kilometre rather than for the whole flights.

c/ASK will always be lower than c/RPK. For the route to be performing well, you want to get c/ASK as close as possible to c/RPK while keeping c/RPK as high as possible (i.e. high fare and high load factor).
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 02:04:03 PM by NorgeFly »

Sanabas

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 02:06:20 PM »
Revenue passenger kilometres, i.e. how many cents you're getting paid for each seat sold.

Available seat kilometres, i.e. how many cents you're getting for each seat available.

On a full plane, the numbers will be identical.

If you have a 100 seat plane flying 500 km, that's 50,000 available seat kilometres.

If you sell 75 seats, that's 37,500 revenue passenger kilometres.

If the ticket income is 75 seats x $200 per seat = $15,000 = 1,500,000 cents.

So that means ASK = 1500000/50000 = 30 cents per kilometre for every available seat

And RPK = 1500000/37500 = 40 cents per kilometre for every filled seat.

ModeSix

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 12:53:42 AM »
Thanks guys.  That was very helpful.

A bit of a brag, I'm turning profit after 5 weeks of operation on Beginners world 12, with my top 4 routes over 75% LF, and the others averaging about 50%.

From what I've understood this is pretty good.  *pats self on back*

I hope I can replicate this success on Modern Times.  :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.