More Airport ?

Started by iFlysimX, March 03, 2011, 09:43:23 PM

iFlysimX

I think Sami should add more Airports to the database because its always the same airports and it would be nice to add some more to have new routes etc.....What do you think?

Thanks!

[ATA] Sunbao

Quote from: Clement on March 03, 2011, 09:43:23 PM
I think Sami should add more Airports to the database because its always the same airports and it would be nice to add some more to have new routes etc.....What do you think?

Thanks!

Where do you thinks airports are missing ? can't really only be some very small ones your are missing

iFlysimX

some in the Bahamas just an example....

Pilot Oatmeal

Fort Lauderdale Executive would be REALLY NICE

MattDell

I'd personally like to have my hometown airport of MRB added, but it would rarely have over 1 pax demand. :(

Frogiton

Quote from: Jordan112 on March 03, 2011, 11:19:19 PM
Fort Lauderdale Executive would be REALLY NICE

It's only general aviation.

slither360

Same with MRB.

It has to have scheduled air service to be added to the database.

Sami

There is nearly 2800 active airports in the database, but I cannot just make up new airports there so indeed it is always "just the same airports" since .. well that's how it goes. Heathrow is still Heathrow etc.

Sanabas

I'd still love to see a fantasy world. Would be relatively easy but time consuming to create the landmasses, airports and airport data. But it'd render the google maps info that comes up with route planning and route maps almost completely useless. You could use it, but would see airports in the oceans, etc.

It would be possible to do a fantasy version of earth, however. I'd cheerfully volunteer for doing large chunks of doing new demographics, etc. Maybe for airwaysim 4.0?

Pilot Oatmeal

Fort Lauderdale Executive is not only GA.... It has Air Taxi services and Cargo runs... I would know because my dad owns one of them... and since sami wanted to include some Air Taxi Aircraft I believe Fort Laudy Exec would be a nice edition

swiftus27

Quote from: Sanabas on March 04, 2011, 05:44:50 AM
I'd still love to see a fantasy world. Would be relatively easy but time consuming to create the landmasses, airports and airport data. But it'd render the google maps info that comes up with route planning and route maps almost completely useless. You could use it, but would see airports in the oceans, etc.

It would be possible to do a fantasy version of earth, however. I'd cheerfully volunteer for doing large chunks of doing new demographics, etc. Maybe for airwaysim 4.0?

It will still be the same game in the end, you're just changing around names and numbers, that's all.  Not to mention that you have to spend HOURS just simply making the game up.

Sanabas

Quote from: swiftus27 on March 04, 2011, 08:50:04 PM
It will still be the same game in the end, you're just changing around names and numbers, that's all.  Not to mention that you have to spend HOURS just simply making the game up.

Yeah, of course. But I'd still enjoy running an airline where russia won the cold war, where communism stuck, and where there's thousands of yaks, tupolevs and Ilyushins in the used market. I get more out of the game than just the logistical challenge. It'd also force some players to not use the exact same airport as they have in the last 10 games they've played. As I said, something I'd like, something not happening before airwaysim 4.0

norcarolinian

still...there are some airports that have commercial service now, that are not in the database...

KPVU, KPGD, KBKG, and KIWA are just a few...

Is the airport database not able to be added to, or what?