Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Releasing or re-using of not longer used slots  (Read 506 times)

dubAUT

• Former member
Releasing or re-using of not longer used slots
« on: February 28, 2011, 03:56:19 PM »
Hey folks, I just adjusted the schedule of some of my A/C and tried to re-use those slots that have been used by the old schedule. But for my surprise I cannot use them.

Is there any trick to re-use them or a function to give it back to the market manually (and not automatically after three months or so)?

Thanks a lot
Hannes

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: Releasing or re-using of not longer used slots
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 05:42:45 PM »
The slots that you stopped using, but did not release to public should show up on the schedule as asterisks (*).  You can re-use them without paying for them again.  It is not really in your interest to release them to market, if you intend to re-use them.

dubAUT

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 09:18:03 AM »
The slots that you stopped using, but did not release to public should show up on the schedule as asterisks (*).
In what schedule? I don't see them anywhere.

There was no free slot left at 0500, so I rescheduled one of the flights to 0600 and tried to open a new one at 0500 - but still a red 0 there.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 09:28:23 AM »
In what schedule? I don't see them anywhere.

There was no free slot left at 0500, so I rescheduled one of the flights to 0600 and tried to open a new one at 0500 - but still a red 0 there.

I am sorry, not the schedule, I meant Airport Slots page.  Click on the airport in question, then click on Airport Slots.

If you had a slot at exactly 0500, changed that flight to 0600, the 5am slots get released to public.  By the time you come back to schedule a different flight at 0500, somebody might have grabbed it.

The way to do this to preserve the slots is:
1. Copy flight you want to change.  Meaning, create a 2nd route at 0600.
2. Delete the original flight at 0500, and when it asks you if you want to release the slots (in the check mark), uncheck it, meaning you are keeping the slot.
3. The freed up slot will be in your posession for next 2 months game time.  It will show up as an asterisk on the Airport Slot page.  When you go to schedule the new flight at 0500, you will be able to use the slot at no charge.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.