Next full scenario starting on March 4th

Started by Sami, February 23, 2011, 09:53:10 AM

iFlysimX

Filippo

LostInBKK

Quote from: Jona L. on February 23, 2011, 06:40:28 PM
I give it 2 months or so.....

So now you are moaning and whining on another thread two months is not that long  :P

Cheers

Lost

LostInBKK

ksliu9

Quote from: Jps on February 26, 2011, 12:18:10 PM
That's how it used to be.

It was taken off, because it's not realistic; in real world, an airline based in, say, Heathrow and flying to JFK and Tokyo, can't open a route between JFK and Tokyo because the governments of USA and Japan don't want airlines from other countries to compete with airlines of their own. The same goes to any country, except for inter-EU and some exceptions.

In the real world, it does require the 5th freedom between the external two countries. But there are many examples of that, e.g.  SQ operates SIN-HKG-SFO, CX operates HKG-YVR-JFK, VS operates LHR-HKG-SYD.
I just don't know why this is taken out when multi-bases was allowed in previous games. 

More realistic, in a domestic market, there is no restriction for this kind of routes. E.g., in China, it
is very common in have CAN-xxx-PEK where xxx can be any countries. You may say that by having multi-bases
this kind of routes can be "simulated" easily. However, opening a new base costs a lot. It doesn't make sense to open a base in an airport where demand is less. But by having ABCBA route, we can serve that airport easily. And this is what the reality does!!!

There's only one case that is not allowed in the real world.  An airline that does not belong to that country (or EU) cannot operate domestic sector in that country. 

I think we can just make an restriction to that case (the last one), while re-open the ABCBA route to other cases (e.g. three countries, or fully domestic).

SACEO

The real problem with previous scenarios that permitted ABCBA routes was there was no restriction on oversupplying the A-B and B-A legs.  An airline could could use that leg to "reach through" to other routes where there was good demand, taking a loss on the A-B and B-A legs to profit on the B-C and C-B legs.  With current oversupply restrictions in place I'm not sure that ABCBA routes would be such a bad thing, nor would it negate or replace the multi-base concept.  An airline could not pursue a comprehensive expansion plan based solely upon ABCBA routes (only a new base would permit siginificant airline growth) but ABCBA routes would allow a smaller airline to more efficienty serve thinner routes from its primary base.  If it were put to a vote I would vote to reinstate ABCBA routes as long as oversuplly rules stay in effect.

Sami

Quote from: ksliu9 on February 27, 2011, 01:40:11 PM
In the real world, it does require the 5th freedom between the external two countries. But there are many examples of that, e.g.  SQ operates SIN-HKG-SFO, CX operates HKG-YVR-JFK, VS operates LHR-HKG-SYD.

These are just single items and "isolated" examples, and they will not modeled as that is impossible in the scale of whole world and timeframe of 50+ years.

(and also, it was already announced when multi-bases and v.1.2 came to effect that A-B-C routes will return later when they are properly modeled; so this discussion isn't really relevant, as it's been decided already .. though not done yet :P)

LostInBKK

Quote from: Maarten Otto on February 27, 2011, 11:22:27 AM
Yes I was  ;D

Dude I am happy to pay for the servers for one month if you will pay the next not an issue at all.

Cheers
Lost

Teemu

Hmm... Should I start up in HEL or some other Airport in Japan :P

Pilot Oatmeal

slither360

MattDell

Start it early, Sami! That's 6am for me!  :D

Sanabas

1600 UTC is 0300 for me. Which isn't really an issue for day 1, since that goes for 24 hours. But days 2-7 will be 0300-0630 Sunday morning. Guess I'm getting up early. :D

Sami

Quote from: sami on February 23, 2011, 09:53:10 AM
The estimated start date for the next Modern Times themed scenario is on March 4th (Friday), at approximately 15.10-15.30 UTC

Please note the slightly updated time.

Sanabas

type45

That's 2310-2350 for me......I can just set it up and go to sleep :P

jewiden

New scenario start = best birthday present ever :P

Hachiko

I'm having a vacation here in Africa, here is nothing to do, a rainy day, and all I can do is after 17 (5PM) to reserve a seat from this game and start to play tomorrow after 17  :'(
I just can't wait, this is frustrating  ;D But in the next week, when I've flown back to home; then it will be fun and challenging...

romeozulu

Can't wait till 15:10  :D

Will be the first time playing a scenario from the beginning  :P