Next full scenario starting on March 4th

Started by Sami, February 23, 2011, 09:53:10 AM

Sami

The current Modern Times scenario is ending in 25 days, and according to the normal game world rotation the next full world will start shortly before that.

The estimated start date for the next Modern Times themed scenario is on March 4th (Friday), at approximately 15.10-15.30 UTC.

[ATA] Sunbao

Sami

Correct; I could bring in the v.1.3 but there's not much actual new in that as for now. (making the fully new features is slow since the system is so complex already, if I add one thing I will have to consider it in many other things too)

Jona L.

Quote from: Sunbao on February 23, 2011, 10:59:51 AM
1.2 off course 1.3 i still some way from being finished

I give it 2 months or so.....

JumboShrimp

Is the next MT4 then identical to MT3?  No ABCBA routes, no changes to rules on bases?

ksliu9

Quote from: JumboShrimp on February 23, 2011, 09:49:42 PM
Is the next MT4 then identical to MT3?  No ABCBA routes, no changes to rules on bases?

I don't mind to use 1.2, but it will be great if the ABCBA routes can be re-allowed!

slither360

Lazybee

In the next round of game worlds, will airport passenger stats be added or will that be included within 1.3?

[ATA] Sunbao

Quote from: Lazybee on February 24, 2011, 04:58:59 PM
In the next round of game worlds, will airport passenger stats be added or will that be included within 1.3?

There will be nothing new, no point in making a v 1.3 if you put all the new things in in the currentley version ;)

Flightman

Games was good at old style, ABCBA and no other bases...
Vallin Airlines brings your destination closer

Bgdhl

Multiple bases is more fun but including both would be awesome, as long as it follows the rules regarding cabotage.
// EricB

norcarolinian

for someone who never played the ABCBA route style...

what is the benefit of this style of play? do you only have one 'hub' but with numerous 'focus cities' ?

just wondering how this style of game is played...

8)

Maarten Otto

Yeah...

You could base at Dublin, route everything to Heathrow or Gatwick and operate another route from there and back.

nemo

It wouldn't be a good idea to have the ABCBA routes. There are players who after the first year of the game have a fleet of 500 planes and who occupy numerous good airport. By doing that they reduce the choice newcommers have.
What wouldn't be a bad idea is to allow it in either the same country as the base of the airline or in the same zone (the same zone where the airline can open a route).

What I would ass is for example if you have a flight Budapest-Prague-Krakow that you can carry Budapest-Krakow passengers on the same plane in stead of just Budapest-Prague and then Prague Krakow.

mtnlion

Quote from: norcarolinian on February 25, 2011, 07:02:20 AM
for someone who never played the ABCBA route style...

what is the benefit of this style of play? do you only have one 'hub' but with numerous 'focus cities' ?

just wondering how this style of game is played...

Basically you were able to dominate the whole market if you got a good start. For example if your first hub was Tokyo Haneda (=no intl. route demand) you could start your airline by flying Haneda-Osaka-X-Osaka-Haneda. Now you realize that Haneda-Osaka has a demand of thousands of passengers per day, so you were able to fill the Haneda-Osaka with B747s that continued to London Heathrow and other lucrative international routes, and why not domestic routes too...

The crazies route I ever had was Tokyo Narita-Bangkok-Munich-Bangkok-Narita, which of course wouldn't make any sense in real life.

LostInBKK

Quote from: mtnlion on February 25, 2011, 07:15:33 PM
Basically you were able to dominate the whole market if you got a good start. For example if your first hub was Tokyo Haneda (=no intl. route demand) you could start your airline by flying Haneda-Osaka-X-Osaka-Haneda. Now you realize that Haneda-Osaka has a demand of thousands of passengers per day, so you were able to fill the Haneda-Osaka with B747s that continued to London Heathrow and other lucrative international routes, and why not domestic routes too...

The crazies route I ever had was Tokyo Narita-Bangkok-Munich-Bangkok-Narita, which of course wouldn't make any sense in real life.

Seriously these routes are a royal pain in the ass if you are a n00b and the more people we have playing airwaysim the better. The more experienced players can take over your airport and kill you while you are still trying to learn the game.  As has also been mentioned these route also do not reflect real life. I certainly would not join a game that had this rule. Of course if 2 games were created 1 with the rule and 1 with out I think everyone would be happy.

Cheers

Lost

Maarten Otto

norcarolinian

Quote from: Maarten Otto on February 25, 2011, 07:30:30 AM
Yeah...

You could base at Dublin, route everything to Heathrow or Gatwick and operate another route from there and back.

OK got it....

seems to me that you should be able to open any route between any two airports you already serve...
i mean who would want to, but I think i should be able to open GSO-DSM...even though i dont have bases at either...

just sayin  :)

Jps

Quote from: norcarolinian on February 26, 2011, 09:40:10 AM

OK got it....

seems to me that you should be able to open any route between any two airports you already serve...
i mean who would want to, but I think i should be able to open GSO-DSM...even though i dont have bases at either...

just sayin  :)

That's how it used to be.

It was taken off, because it's not realistic; in real world, an airline based in, say, Heathrow and flying to JFK and Tokyo, can't open a route between JFK and Tokyo because the governments of USA and Japan don't want airlines from other countries to compete with airlines of their own. The same goes to any country, except for inter-EU and some exceptions.