Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Fuel price realism?!  (Read 1295 times)

Jona L.

• Former member
Fuel price realism?!
« on: February 20, 2011, 02:20:27 PM »
Hey, sami, the rest, others...

I was just thinking: wasn't there a fuel crisis in the beginning 90ies in real life?! Why the hell didn't the prices skyrocket in Dawn of the Millennium (DotM)?! What the hell am I replacing my a/c for, if the fuel stays on the kindergarden level UNDER 200$/1000kg?!

Can you tell me the reason why, sami? Or is it just that you don't want 100 airlines to BK due to sh*ty fleet management?! There are still airlines flying B707/727/737OG and DC-8/9 in 1992... If this is a joke, it is a bad one...

Another thing in regard to fleet management would be: Fleet commonality (I know 1 million times discussed) I hope you make it matter REALLY in the v1.3!

Jona L.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 02:26:49 PM by Jona L. »

Ilyushin

• Former member
Re: Fuel price realism?!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 02:21:52 PM »

I was just thinking: wasn't there a fuel crisis in the beginning 90ies in real life?! Why the hell didn't the prices skyrocket in Dawn of the Millennium (DotM)?! What the hell am I replacing my a/c for, if the fuel stays on the kindergarden level UNDER 200$/1000kg?!

Can you tell me the reason why, sami? Or is it just that you don't want 100 airlines to BK due to sh*ty fleet management?! Another thing in this: Fleet commonality (I know 1 million times discussed) I hope you make it matter REALLY in the v1.3!

Jona L.

Wow, chill out... :-\

Jona L.

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 02:23:58 PM »
Wow, chill out... :-\

NO!!

I put loads of work in replacing my fleet and no one flying these "15.000Kg/hr for 150 PAX" planes goes BK... I mean 200$/ton of fuel that is nothing! Even a 707 can still be at a profit, which was barely possible in real life!

Jona L.

P.S. See my edit

Offline TK airlines

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 02:25:47 PM »

Can you tell me the reason why, sami? Or is it just that you don't want 100 airlines to BK due to sh*ty fleet management?! There are still airlines flying B707 and DC-8/9 in 1992... If this is a joke, it is a bad one...

Another thing in regard to fleet management would be: Fleet commonality (I know 1 million times discussed) I hope you make it matter REALLY in the v1.3!

Jona L.
Jona, chill down. You missed one important part of the Dawn of the Millennium intro text:
Fuel prices: Custom
So, the DotM fuel prices aren't based on real life ones ;)
TK Regional

Jona L.

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 02:27:46 PM »
Jona, chill down. You missed one important part of the Dawn of the Millennium intro text:
Fuel prices: Custom
So, you are right, there was no fuel crisis in the beginning of the 90s, but the DotM fuel prices aren't based on real life ones ;)

I know custom... but does that mean: fly 25 yr old planes sucking 5x as much fuel as all passengers on board weight per minute?!

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 02:29:41 PM »

Fuel prices are custom = They don't have necessarily any relation to what has happened in the real past.

And you need to chill out and drop that attitude too...

Ilyushin

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 02:31:06 PM »
Besides, it's not like IRL airlines could foresee a fuel spike and quickly replace their aircraft...!

Jona L.

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 02:38:25 PM »
Besides, it's not like IRL airlines could foresee a fuel spike and quickly replace their aircraft...!

Well, besides wars airlines CAN forsee, that fuel is going to go up. And airlines always had been looking for the most efficient plane which mean replacing them with new, not so gruzzling a/c anyways, not only directed on the fuel price ups and downs.

Fuel prices are custom = They don't have necessarily any relation to what has happened in the real past.

And you need to chill out and drop that attitude too...

Thanks, sami. Just one question about that "custom" thing: DOES fuel go up at ANY point in it? [not to get an advantage, just to know if there are challenges to come, or if it will stay too undemanding me...]

Jona L.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 02:39:13 PM »

but it did force them to demand more efficient planes.  This is why you've seen massive improvements in kg/hr over the various generations of A/C.  For example, look at what a 707 did versus a 762 versus a 788.  It is just amazing.

slither360

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 02:53:57 PM »
I'm sure it'll spike before the end of the gameworld.

You can feel happy that you are prepared, and won't be in the red once it happens.

Jona L.

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 03:03:33 PM »
I'm sure it'll spike before the end of the gameworld.

You can feel happy that you are prepared, and won't be in the red once it happens.

Well, I try to produce losses at the end of the years, so that my overall yearly income is below 0$, just to get all my taxes back :)
But I know what you mean: having more cash to spend ;D

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 03:53:52 PM »
DOES fuel go up at ANY point in it?

Can't tell you.... :P

Jona L.

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 04:55:27 PM »
Can't tell you.... :P

'cause you don't know your own customization?! ;D :P

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 05:16:04 PM »
I am sure it does.  It always does

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 06:28:25 PM »
Thats just how the game is, if people couldnt fly those plane there wouldnt be any plane they could fly because of players like you and other there are ordering planes just to grab them and sell them for a big gain to others with money and needs.. Every time that happens the small new players are forced to take yet another old crappy plane in instead of order something new.

Yes with high fuel prices they can not do that. But if the also not either can get any new planes, they only can leave the game because they its boring because there is no planes to get. or go bk because they trys the old planes on the used marked.

We will not get an more realistic game before it is not so easy to make a lot of money.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 06:34:02 PM by Sunbao »

Sandager

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 06:40:25 PM »

Can you tell me the reason why, sami? Or is it just that you don't want 100 airlines to BK due to sh*ty fleet management?! There are still airlines flying B707/727/737OG and DC-8/9 in 1992... If this is a joke, it is a bad one...

Jona L.

Today is february 20th 2011 and we still have airliners flying the Dc9's...... they were almost modern in 1992  ;D

Offline TK airlines

• Members
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 06:43:10 PM »
We will not get an more realistic game before it is not so easy to make a lot of money.
In real life, airlines don't get as big as we can see in AWS. There are lots of airlines operating just several aircraft. It is hard to survive in the aviation sector. Airlines come and go.
Also in real life not every airline is lucky to grab a modern, fuel efficient plane. Yes, in Europe and North America we don't see aircraft like the Boeing 707 flying regular passenger services, but we can see hundreds of older generation 737s and A320s. In Europe, it is just because the Chapter 3 requirements many aircraft types aren't used anymore.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 03:56:09 PM by TK1244 »
TK Regional

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.