Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Which plane to choose  (Read 498 times)

tlcooper93

• Former member
Which plane to choose
« on: December 31, 2010, 02:22:50 AM »
I have a hub out of Boston with some popular routes around the country. My longest is KBOS-KLAS, for which I use an A300B4-100.

Now, I recently purchased a bunch of 727's, and I am wondering what to use on a Boston-Cancun route. Should I use a 727 or buy a Boeing 757 and use it on this route?

I would like to use the 727 cause getting a 757 would mean lots of money, paying more for fuel, and having more compatibility issues. However, a 4 1/2 hour flight on a cramped 727 might make the route image stay low, and perhaps tarnish the airline image.

Suggestions?

Bolier Dweller

• Former member
Re: Which plane to choose
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 03:07:52 AM »
Assuming your using a 727-200 ADV you'll actually burning more fuel for less passengers. But since you bought them already your stuck with them. The 727 is meant to be a MED haul plane. I would try to keep it under 4 hours if possible.

tlcooper93

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 03:26:57 AM »
I only leased one 727Adv. The one meant to do BOS-Cancun. However, all of my other 727-200(not Adv) are doing MED haul flights, so its not a problem.

Sigma

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 06:17:06 AM »
Always try to fly as few plane models as possible.  Every model of plane you add to your fleet increases your costs to maintain all your aircraft in a very signifcant way.

If you've already got 2, try to stick with those unless they're entirely unsuited for some new route you want to run, in which case you can get a 3rd model.

And, unfortunately, RI and CI don't quite work the way you seem to think.  It doesn't matter if you run the biggest piece of crap out there, your RI will always go to 100 as long as you fly a route at least 6 times a week.  And CI grows as a function of how much money you spend on General Marketing campaigns, and has nothing to do with your equipment (though supposedly a lot of really long delays can affect it, though I've never noticed any effect).
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 06:19:11 AM by Sigma »

tlcooper93

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 06:38:30 AM »
Thanks for clearing up the image thing.

Right now, all I have is 1 Airbus, and 4 727's, so in terms of fleet compatibility and money regarding each plane, I think I am ok.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.