Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Removing slots while keeping the routes/ create routes with no slots  (Read 693 times)

Jps

• Former member
Actually two related requests.

When switching 2 routes with each other, if I want to keep the slots, I first have to close the routes and keep the slots, and then create new copies of those routes on the existing slots. If I have more routes I need to switch places with, and use the 1-day per route number -scheduling, I can easily end up with dozens of routes I have to close and then reopen again.
A much easier way to do this would be to first remove the slots from the routes, and then edit them to the new time and simultaneously assign them the free slots again.

Another, almost similar feature would be to allow us to create routes but not assign slots to them. This would rather easily allow us to plan our routes without spending a nickle and then later on buy the slots for them. Of course this wouldn't work if the slots were taken in the mean time, but then you'd just need to change the time for the routes instead of creating and planning the routes from scratch.

Edit: highlighted actual requests
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 07:56:53 PM by sami »

Offline ACDennison

• Members
Re: Removing slots while keeping the routes/ create routes with no slots
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 11:59:25 PM »
Sounds interesting - I was having a related thought the other day, I wanted to be able to create a 'dummy' aircraft in scheduling so I could play around with my schedule, moving packages to the dummy and restructuring the others, but keeping them in visible so I could get an overview... I would then aim to either lease another a/c to replace the 'dummy', or conclude my plans were ok as is and revert to my original settings.

An even better trick would be someway of playing with your schedule in 'draft', so that changes did not go live to your a/c... maybe another page 'Schedule planning' that is a copy that you can copy to the live schedule?

Anyway, a few hopefully related thoughts to throw together... could all be seperatedd out into seperate threads if prefered, but I put them here for collective discussion first...

EDIT:  Forgot to check 'dummy' a/c hadn't already come up after being intrigued and enthused, sorry :-[ 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 02:14:48 AM by ACDennison »

Riger

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 01:28:16 AM »
JPS

Regarding the dummy scheduling, it was requested about 17 months ago, I have "bumped" that thread so you can see it in the forum, here is the link as well.

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,11287.0.html

Best Regards
Richard

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 10:23:20 AM »
JPS

Regarding the dummy scheduling, it was requested about 17 months ago, I have "bumped" that thread so you can see it in the forum, here is the link as well.

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,11287.0.html

Best Regards
Richard

Yes, and it has been requested even before you.
But both that and especially your request focus on actual scheduling, whereas this request is about creating single routes, that just wouldn't have slots. The pre-scheduling was just an example of where it could be used. So this request supports dummy scheduling, but is not actually about it.

Also, I started this thread with the intention of only adding the first request, but then noticed how similar these two were and combined them into one. After all, the technical implementation is very similar for both, I believe.

Riger

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 02:37:54 PM »
Yes, and it has been requested even before you.
But both that and especially your request focus on actual scheduling, whereas this request is about creating single routes, that just wouldn't have slots. The pre-scheduling was just an example of where it could be used. So this request supports dummy scheduling, but is not actually about it.

Also, I started this thread with the intention of only adding the first request, but then noticed how similar these two were and combined them into one. After all, the technical implementation is very similar for both, I believe.

JPS,

Sorry I was not trying to imply that you should search, I did not mean it that way.  I was trying to add weight/value to your request.

Best Regards

Richard

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 02:43:37 PM »
JPS,

Sorry I was not trying to imply that you should search, I did not mean it that way.  I was trying to add weight/value to your request.

Best Regards

Richard

I'm sure it didn't and all it took for me was a 30s search ;)

Also, you did lift a good question about why use this thread instead of the others, already existing ones...  ::)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.