Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Reconfiguration costs adjustment - stop throwing away usable seating!?  (Read 605 times)

Offline ACDennison

• Members
Just a quick one - I've been looking at tweaking my configs, but find the costs a little daunting right now.  It seems that even if I want to change just a few seats from Y to C or back, I have to pay for new seats for the ENTIRE a/c :o  I can only assume they throw away all the old seats!

I was wondering if the configurator could not more realisticlly discount the cost of seating already on the a/c and retained in the new config - e.g. if I go from 6C to 9C by removing 4Y, I only pay for the three new C seats I am buying, not the whole plane load!  

Of course, I accept there is a cost in doing the work to move seat pitches, and to actually do the work, so maybe apply a 75% discount for exisiting seats, allowing the residual 25% of cost to be billed if that is fairer?

On doing some extra research I've found that this issue is also notably to the detriment of new a/c operators over second-hand a/c operators, as second-hand leases or purchases have to pay for a reconfig , while you can effectivelly get them for free on new a/c, where you seem to only pay the actual seat costs, not once for default seating and then once for the new seating...  This seems (IMHO) to be of benefit to wealthy players with exerience, while limiting the options open to new, poorer players who started after a game began and who have greater need to adapt to find viable routes.

I do realise some people will worry that this change could mean it being easier to make premium configs early on and rake in the proceeds, but as most defaults are largely (or wholly) Y-class seating, a change to C/F class would still have the same costs, as they would be discarding te original Y-class seats, not retaining the bulk of them.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 08:15:40 PM by sami »

thange

• Former member
Re: Reconfiguration costs adjustment - stop throwing away usable seating!?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 09:42:36 AM »
I will second that. I would also like to know if it is possible to choose the exact date of delivery of a new plane if that day is available. This would make much easier the task of coordinating the end of an old lease with the acquisition of a new plane

Offline ACDennison

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 01:07:32 PM »
My apoligies - I had searched by 'seat' in fact, but obviously didn't hunt through the topics far enough to find these.  I'll be interested to see what happens ::)

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 03:23:41 PM »
My apoligies - I had searched by 'seat' in fact, but obviously didn't hunt through the topics far enough to find these.  I'll be interested to see what happens ::)
I found all those using a search term "buy new seats", which only gave 1 page of results. When making a search, do at least a couple of them and if you get a huge amount of results, try to narrow down by using a different search term.  ;)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 08:15:22 PM »
Seating reconfig is always the same as refitting the whole interior. v.1.3 may have a separate "cabin condition %" and related things, but not sure.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.