Move to new server next weekend

Started by Sami, January 06, 2008, 10:25:38 AM

Sami

We are expecting to move to our brand new web server at the end of the next week. I will be delivering the machine into our ISP's location on friday and the actual move will most likely be made on late that evening or during the weekend.

During that time you may not be able to access the forum for some hours.

The pre-beta game is also reseted after the server move, and the new game will be hopefully also the last pre-beta game before the actual beta testing.

AHToronto

YamazaruNinja

Seattle

Beta testing will hopefully start by the end of Jan into Feb.
Founder of the Star Alliance!

YamazaruNinja

Quote from: Seattle on January 06, 2008, 09:21:41 PM
Beta testing will hopefully start by the end of Jan into Feb.
Can't we start on Feb 29 :laugh:

Seattle

YamazaruNinja

Malaystu

Sorry, this is my first post even tho i have been signed up for months now.

How long are you expecting the beta testing to take roughly and how long after testing is complete will the actual game commence??

Regards

Stu

Sami

Quote from: Malaystu on January 07, 2008, 02:44:21 PM
How long are you expecting the beta testing to take roughly and how long after testing is complete will the actual game commence??

Hard to say yet. If all goes well, I think we can cope with 2 beta games but if there are problems that need more testing, then we may need one-two additional games.

I am mainly interested in testing the things in terms of load generated to servers when there are hundreds of players and thousand routes etc, as the calculation module is not very simple...

YamazaruNinja

Quote from: sami on January 08, 2008, 12:45:37 AM
Hard to say yet. If all goes well, I think we can cope with 2 beta games but if there are problems that need more testing, then we may need one-two additional games.

I am mainly interested in testing the things in terms of load generated to servers when there are hundreds of players and thousand routes etc, as the calculation module is not very simple...
Does this mean others can "beta test" too? ???

Sami

Also just for reference for all reading: There seems to be constantly people who ask, email or PM me about "when it's released" and so on. For info - it's released when it's ready.

I will do my best to keep everyone updated via our news and forums and posting updates and estimates on the release. But what ever the estimated time is, still the game won't be made available if it has bugs or some major unfinished features as that would only generate dissatisfied complaints and other "whining" ;) . So there's no intentional delay or anything like that. The game has been in development for over a year now and trust me, good things take time.

At the moment there are still few a bit more minor features missing that I plan to include to 1st version, but the usability of some features and some subpages (layouts and data presentation) need still a bit more work. There are also some background processes that are not visible to players but must be completed (game calculation, final touches to admin systems etc).

sammn96

I know I always ask questions  ;) , but
can I be a beta-tester? (or pre-beta tester)

Seattle

as of now, the only official requirment to be a beta-tester is to be subscribed to the newsletter....

I think 300 people are randomly pulled out and there the beta testers....

pre-beta testers are choosen once you've submited alot of airport/airplanes/ and suggestions.....

:) I actually have a question :o but its private :D

YamazaruNinja

jmi

New server is delivered to ISP, but not online yet...

Please, be patient  :)

- J

Sami

Welcome to the new AirwaySim web server!

If you spot any bad links or other erroneous pages at the site, please let me know.

jmi

Well...   now i start to put some Load in there...    ;)

- J

Seattle

Sami

There was also a small error and one was unable to subscribe to the AWS newsletter as the security code was not shown. This has been fixed now. https://www.airwaysim.com/Information/Newsletter

AHToronto

Quote from: jmi on January 11, 2008, 05:45:14 PM
Well...   now i start to put some Load in there...    ;)

- J

man, i should start signing off with "-A" rather than leaving it open and boring, is that OK????