Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Hijackings and Terrorist Threats  (Read 772 times)

pilotboy313

• Former member
[-] Hijackings and Terrorist Threats
« on: January 04, 2008, 04:44:35 AM »
I know this seems a bit stupid, but can there be terrorists threats in countries that are involved in warfare, genocide, or extreme violence? FSPassengers, a Flight simulator game, has somthing similar to that.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 11:23:04 AM by sami »

AHToronto

• Former member
Re: Hijackings and Terrorist Threats
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 02:12:08 PM »
I know this seems a bit stupid, but can there be terrorists threats in countries that are involved in warfare, genocide, or extreme violence? FSPassengers, a Flight simulator game, has somthing similar to that.

how is it that you got enough courage to ask that ???, but not I, not fair(Just kidding ;)) :-\

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Hijackings and Terrorist Threats
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 08:34:40 PM »
That's perhaps not very "politically correct" to include such a feature.

I am though planning to include random events that affect all airlines, for example the game could generate a pre-defined world unrest at some area which would cause for example oil prices to skyrocket and perhaps make all flights to that particular region unflyable, but it's not fair to build a such feature that would go randomly into players' aircraft and things.

philes

• Former member
Re: [no] Hijackings and Terrorist Threats
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 01:37:35 PM »
I think the game should have prewritten news coming to your message box when some random events occur. Atleast I'd like to know why my fuel is more expensive?

(or is that already in consideration?)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: [no] Hijackings and Terrorist Threats
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 09:31:42 PM »
I think the game should have prewritten news coming to your message box when some random events occur. Atleast I'd like to know why my fuel is more expensive?

Perhaps not to the message inbox, but I'd then create some "news from the world" page or like that..

The fuel is always getting more expensive  ;D   Well - the default model follows the real world fuel prices but it can be customized for each game too. Have to think of this when I start with the events module .. at some day.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.