Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Help please - 1 plane not flying routes  (Read 543 times)

Offline sustainat

• Members
Help please - 1 plane not flying routes
« on: November 27, 2010, 10:30:45 PM »
So I thought I had this figured out... was doing well here in the beginner's world, and I've started a couple of the "real" games. But I can't figure out why one of my planes isn't flying in this beginner's world!

I've been running 3 737-300s for a while. They and their routes are profitable, and I'm up to 90% LFs on some routes. Again - I think I have this figured out, at least in the easy world.

So I thought I'd expand, so I leased an ERJ-135. The checks have been made, it's 96% condition, routes assigned. I've been marketing the routes. And I still have 0 LF. Yes - 0! Am I missing something? Last week it lost $186,000 -- it seems that the plane is flying the routes, using fuel, etc. There just are NO passengers.

Why would this be?

Jps

• Former member
Re: Help please - 1 plane not flying routes
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 10:52:48 PM »
I can think of 2 reasons. First, and most likely, is that you have way too high ticket prices. I know even standard prices would give you passengers, but if you have accidentally left one digit too much in there when changing the price, it would be way too much. The second, and less likely, option is that it is flyign routes with no demand.

airplane_mech2

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 11:29:01 PM »
I would check the passenger demand versus available seats.  I've seen lots of that in scouting for new cities.  It's tough starting in a new game.  The decent cities for the most part are mostly taken, unless you want to compete with 18 other airlines.  It's possible in this particular city, you have way too many available seats for passenger demand. 

airplane_mech2

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 11:30:50 PM »
Last week it lost $186,000 -- it seems that the plane is flying the routes, using fuel, etc. There just are NO passengers.

In a real world this would most likely not have happened unless there was a return flight demand.  The flight would have been canceled, thus your costs would have been less. 

Offline sustainat

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 02:04:14 AM »
Thanks for response! Ticket prices were too high by 50%... should have been around 200, and they were 300. Not sure what changed that... but will see if that change makes a difference!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.