Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Add plane age to My Aircraft - Financial view  (Read 584 times)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
[-] Add plane age to My Aircraft - Financial view
« on: November 10, 2010, 02:33:07 PM »
I know the page is getting a little busy, but this is probably the most important place for plane age to be displayd.  When deciding which plane to keep or replace, I look at lease expiration date and age of the plane.  Now, these are on 2 different pages...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 04:23:00 PM by sami »

Offline ArcherII

• Members
Re: Add plane age to My Aircraft - Financial view
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 02:52:10 PM »
I know the page is getting a little busy, but this is probably the most important place for plane age to be displayd.  When deciding which plane to keep or replace, I look at lease expiration date and age of the plane.  Now, these are on 2 different pages...

+10.000. I was thinking the very same thing.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 04:22:10 PM »
Financial view is already full; and won't contain info on planes' technical details such as age.. for that there are the tech/maint. views.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 04:25:47 PM »
Financial view is already full; and won't contain info on planes' technical details such as age.. for that there are the tech/maint. views.

Could perhaps something non-essential be dropped, such as number of routes or daily profit?

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 04:29:52 PM »
Could perhaps something non-essential be dropped, such as number of routes or daily profit?
Actually, I used both of those just yesterday, and will use in near future again when calculating profit of future aircraft.

The age is already visible on a different page. just open it in a new tab and learn the key command for switching between tabs.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 05:02:37 PM »
Actually, I used both of those just yesterday, and will use in near future again when calculating profit of future aircraft.

The age is already visible on a different page. just open it in a new tab and learn the key command for switching between tabs.

Suppose you have 100 of the same aircraft type.  You want to replace the leased one that is closest to lease renewal.  Seeing both on one screen would be helpful.  You could sort by lease expiration and just eyeball the plane age.  If you sorty by lease expiration, the other view (with plane age) is not sorted the same way, and with 100 aircraft, it is a PITA to match them.

As far as the other fields I find non-essential, the daily profit is almost completely useless as far as taking any action based on this figure.  A cancellation of a single flight can throw it off.  And on planes with LH routes, it is also not very telling.  If you are interested in profitability of your aricraft and if you are looking at daily profit rather than weekly profit, you are doing something wrong  ;)

# of routes? It is not that important IMO.  And both figures can be easily obtained by opening a plane detail screen in a new tab, while maintaining the desired sorting of the Financial View of the My aircraft page.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.