Next game world, Friday 29th

Started by Sami, October 22, 2010, 01:45:14 PM

v4us

I would like to have 40 years game. Like 1965-2005.  It will be intresting challange for me.

castelino009

castelino009

Quote from: v4us on October 27, 2010, 05:38:46 PM
I would like to have 40 years game. Like 1965-2005.  It will be intresting challange for me.

Dave4468

Quote from: v4us on October 27, 2010, 05:38:46 PM

+1,000  :D

I think something like that would be fantastic, plenty of challenges, start with the props, have to update you fleet to first gen jets, then the early widebodies and early Airbuses and 737s and that type and finish up with another refresh to current gen stuff.

The challenges in keeping an airline alive for that long would be fun.

Zombie Slayer

Quote from: Dave4468 on October 27, 2010, 09:16:58 PM
+1,000  :D

I think something like that would be fantastic, plenty of challenges, start with the props, have to update you fleet to first gen jets, then the early widebodies and early Airbuses and 737s and that type and finish up with another refresh to current gen stuff.

The challenges in keeping an airline alive for that long would be fun.

Agreed. Over in JA2, I am learning that a fleet of 225 Bac's and DC-8's is not exactly viable in 1981 with almost $400 gas, at least not in the states. I am kind of regretting not ordering a bunch of M80's when they were launched a couple years back, but now I can ride it out until the end, bobbing just on the surface of profitability. If there were another 20 years to go, I would be in trouble!
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

swiftus27

so much gripe... good thing I am sitting this one out.  And that's for good reason.

Zombie Slayer

No gripe from me, good time frame! Again, Cheap gas and some good classics to fly around  :) Just commenting that a long game would would be interesting!
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

tm07x

Quote from: swiftus27 on October 28, 2010, 03:56:30 AM
so much gripe... good thing I am sitting this one out.  And that's for good reason.

I agree... feels like such a waste of money to play the same f***ing GW all over again.

Jackson

Quote from: Jps on October 27, 2010, 01:33:10 PM
Everything you just requested, is something that will come in future versions. They are not coded yet. It's not like Sami chooses from a list, which features to include in this game world, and which on the next. Each game world has all the features that are ready.

Gamew worlds with cargo, A-B-C routes and so on will come when the features are coded. So no sooner than when 1.3 is out.

Oh yeah! I totally understand. At the end of the day, without Sami, I wouldnt even be typing this message.LOL So I couldnt appreciate him and what he has done for Aviation fans any further. I can't wait!. Reason being, AirwaySim IS the best like it PERIOD! I have tried others (can't even call them competitors) and either they are real time(too slow) or do silly things like not simulate your control over time slots.

I wished I had the skill and ability to help cuz I would be able to have a great input to this simulator. Some of you intellects need to stand up, stop critisising and help the man. Imageing seeing your planes inflight via a sumulated tracker! Passenger feedback! The ability to pick fights with other airlines (British Airways and Virgin). And the best of them all, to select from a wide array of cabin options. From a dozen types of each class of seats to the colour of the lights. I am just dreaming though so make sure you take me serious.

Do your thing Sami! Do your thing.

swiftus27

What would the world be like if the Second World War lasted ten more years than originally happened???

Perhaps the world would not have had the massive increase in air demand that it had seen over the 1950s???

MRFREAK

Or if Soviet Union attacked USA, then no B737 and lot's of Tupolevs and Yakolevs and nevertheless Antonovs :)

alexgv1

Quote from: MRFREAK on October 29, 2010, 10:17:35 AM
Or if Soviet Union attacked USA, then no B737 and lot's of Tupolevs and Yakolevs and nevertheless Antonovs :)

That's assuming Russia won.

Most likely Mutually Assured Destruction (M.A.D.) of USA and USSR and plenty of Embraers and Airbuses in the sky!    ;D
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Jona L.

Quote from: Jps on October 27, 2010, 01:33:10 PM
Everything you just requested, is something that will come in future versions. They are not coded yet. It's not like Sami chooses from a list, which features to include in this game world, and which on the next. Each game world has all the features that are ready.

Gamew worlds with cargo, A-B-C routes and so on will come when the features are coded. So no sooner than when 1.3 is out.

we had ABCBA routes (though with tech-stop only), but they were dropped in favor of the base feature... they MIGHT be added somewhen later again, but not now

Jps

Quote from: Jona L. on November 06, 2010, 05:33:39 PM
we had ABCBA routes (though with tech-stop only), but they were dropped in favor of the base feature... they MIGHT be added somewhen later again, but not now
Yes, I know, I was beta testing them...  ;)
We were able to pick passengers and transport them to a 3rd airport pre- 1.2 ,I believe, and now they are only as tech stops...
Don't know how they will be implemented again, but I doubt it's just copy paste to the server even though the feature is coded before...

ekaneti

Is there a new game coming at the end of this week. I see two of the existing games end soon. I think a game 1980-2000 would be great. Then we'd have 1960-1980. 1980-2000, 2000-2020 time frames going.

Sami

Mascalzone

Jps

Quote from: Mascalzone on November 10, 2010, 08:33:19 PM
Air Travel Boom #2?

Quote from Sami:
Quote from: sami on November 10, 2010, 08:28:07 PM
The next world is planned to start still this weekend, with a 1980s start. Sorry that I haven't been able to post the news of that yet but will do it asap.

As previously talked the idea is to run at least 3 worlds, one early (60s/70s), one mid age (80s start) and one modern (2000+).

Mascalzone

ekaneti

I would prefer a 1980 start rather than 1985.