Next game world, Friday 29th

Started by Sami, October 22, 2010, 01:45:14 PM

Sami

The next game world of AirwaySim will begin in a week, on Friday 29th October. Approximate starting time is in the evening of European time, about 16.00 UTC.

The world will be titled "The Jet Age" and scenario time frame is the early years of jet powered aviation; starting in 1960 and running time is approximately 20 years.

swiftus27

Has a "difficulty" level been set?

Sami

I've decided to lose the "difficulty level" measurements from the game descriptions since they are a bit meaningless. All of these full worlds (200-500 players) can be considered "normal" difficulty; where both experienced and newer players can survive.

NorgeFly

Weren't 80's and 90's games way more popular when you conducted the recent poll?  :-\

swiftus27

Don't anger Sami... he just gave out a bunch of free creds!   :)

twistedraisin

@NorgeFly - sometimes you gotta let the guy in charge do what he wants to do!

@Sami - is this still going to be on 1.2 or is it going to be on 1.3?

NorgeFly

Hey, was just asking! Was just surprised to see the next world be a jet age game given that other eras were more sought after... Sami of course can do what he likes  ;D

swiftus27

I will not be a part of this game.  I really hope that there will be something special in store for it, though!

;)

ekaneti

Ok, in 1960, ORD was open but DFW, IAH, IAD were not. JFK was called IDL until Dec 1963(would  be odd to name an airport after a living US Senator in 1960). BWI was called BAL Friendship.

ekaneti

oh yes, can we please please have Convair 580s, 640s, Connies, Super Connies, StarLiners and Comets??? Also the Canadian Avro Jet would be cool too.  ;D

swiftus27

i dont think the connie was ever inserted into this game.

robvanleest

How many people will be able to join the game?

Sami

Since it's an earlier date, pax demands are lower, so max. 300 (about) I'd say.

I am still also planning to add 1980s world after 2-3 weeks, which then hopefully would be the last of v.1.2. Depending on very much though how I can get started with actual work on 1.3

type45

So it will be an early 80s like DOTM or late 80s like TMT2?

I want the later one, please :P

ekaneti

For the 1980s game I'd prefer 1980-2000.

tm07x

either make the gw run 10 years longer or start from the 70ies please.
we're just about to end the jet age gw from the 60ies.

Jackson

I would very much like an actual FULL game. Who would want a game which lasts anywhere between 30years (1970-2000 or 1990-2020) to 100years. Why not?! Lets do the whole life of jet airliners. 1955 through to 2055. Modeling future proposals.

But if that is to much of an ask, then my second wish would be a game that begins in the late 80's through till 2050, modelling ALL varients of the A380, cargo planes, and two and three legged routes. For instants, a flight from Piarco Intl to Gatwick via Miami Intl, or TTPP to WSSS via OMDB.

Jackson

...and with each leg, picking up more passengers instead of just refueling.

Jps

Everything you just requested, is something that will come in future versions. They are not coded yet. It's not like Sami chooses from a list, which features to include in this game world, and which on the next. Each game world has all the features that are ready.

Gamew worlds with cargo, A-B-C routes and so on will come when the features are coded. So no sooner than when 1.3 is out.

Filippo

1980-2015 to get everybody happy  :) ?