Name the next game world series

Started by Sami, October 20, 2010, 04:35:10 AM

Sami

I have "rebranded" the game worlds a bit as you've noticed, the previous Air Travel Boom series is now called Modern Times which is more suitable for the year 2000+ era.

The plan is also to frequently run game worlds that start in the 1950s/1960s era and another one that starts in 1970s/1980s.

Please come up with names for these scenarios ..  as my imagination is not the best ;)

The next game world will start in a week or two (v.1.2), and it will be probably a 1960s or 80s start.

raptorva

well for the 1960s' Glory/Early days or something could work. Golden Era could work as well for that kind of early scenario.

ucfknightryan

"The Jet Age" has always worked well for the '50s and '60s games, but if you want to change it up a bit, how about "Dawn of the Jet Age", or "Rise of the Jetliner"  ;D

Hmm, the '70s and '80s are a bit tougher...

"Jets: The Next Generation"  :P
"Rise of the Modern Airline"

or you could recycle "Dawn of the Millennium"?

Dookz

For the 1950s and 1960s I'm thinking,
To the Moon
Pioneers Over The Horizon
Golden Age of the Jetliner
Wings of Innovation
From Babies to Jumbo
Quest to Sound Barrier
Post-War Evolution
Face of a New Frontier
:)

alexgv1

If I recall correctly,

--> the 50's and 60's were the Golden Age of commercial aviation.

--> the 70's and 80's were the Silver Age.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Daemus

Late 40's was when you saw the first movements to change from pistons to jets so I think "The Jet Age", or "Dawn of the Jet Age", works fine for a game starting in the 50's. According to wikipedia;

Quote... In the history of commercial aviation, the "jet age" began in the late 1950s....

A name for the 60's seems a bit harder to come up with but how about "Peace, Love, and the FAA"? Kind of a play on the 60's being the hippie era and the time period just after the FAA was formed. The Federal Aviation Agency was formed (1958) and was settling into its place as the authority for commercial aviation throughout the 60's, changing its name in '67 to, as we know it today, the Federal Aviation Administration when made a part of the United States Department of Transportation.

My other suggestion for the 60's would be "Welcome To Economy Class". Reasoning behind the name was that the late 60's and into the 70's saw airlines start moving towards making flights available for everyone. Before that, only what we would consider to be first class pax today were able to afford to fly.

Zombie Slayer

I am a fan of the 50's scenarios....CHEAP gas and low LF's turn a profit  :) I am not sure there is really a better name than "Dawn of the Jet Age" or "The Golden Days of Aviation" for a 50's scenario.

70's/80's is a bit harder. Can't think of a good name for this scenario now, but how about another challenge world? US Deregulation occured in '79.....if this could be modeled, it would be quite interesting  :) Oh, I got it...."The Rise of the LCC"

Don
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

raptorva

I just want to build up a fleet of piston pounders. I remember in one of these games having a massive fleet of DC-3s from Melbourne Essendon airport and DC-4's flying the longer routes. Maintenance was high but fuel was cheap.

tm07x

"The Glory Years" (60s)
"Economy Class" (70s)
"Reagan f***ed us over" (80s)

Zombie Slayer

Quote from: tm07x on October 21, 2010, 12:08:28 AM
"The Glory Years" (60s)
"Economy Class" (70s)
"Reagan f***ed us over" (80s)

LOL...too true...
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

jode

Seattle

50/60s is definantly the Golden Age or Golden Era of Aviation. Not glory years.... that just sounds odd.

I dont really know about the rest.
Founder of the Star Alliance!

Maarten Otto

*70's to 90's "The iron curtain..."
*80's to millennium... "Fall of the wall"
*90's to 10's "One Europe" or "United States of Europe"
*Millennium to 2010 "Low cost madness"
*2010 to 2020 "The fall of the European Union"
*2020 to 2030 "The south eastern conflict"
*2030 to 2040 "The third world war"
*2040 to 2050 "Endgame"

tm07x

Quote from: Maarten Otto on October 21, 2010, 11:45:11 AM
*2040 to 2050 "Endgame"

can you hook me up with some of the s*** you're gettn? haven't had a good trip in a while..

Maarten Otto

Quote from: tm07x on October 21, 2010, 06:11:50 PM
can you hook me up with some of the s*** you're gettn? haven't had a good trip in a while..
Sorry... never used it, and never will use it. Not all Dutch people smoke that particular plant...

RibeiroR

Quote from: Maarten Otto on October 21, 2010, 11:45:11 AM
*2040 to 2050 "Endgame"

any scenario of 10 years duration is very short and unrealistic for any limitations on the map, most aircraft orders for delivery is 5-7 years waiting, as a company expects to grow in 10 years between 2010 and 2050 with the suspicion of the shortage Oil and the population boom?

Maarten Otto

Population boom?

The population in The Netherlands will decline by 3 to 5 percent coming decade. The same is expected all over western Europe.

The expanding High Speed Rail network and rising oil prices will make sure short haul air travel will go the way of the giant Panda. I expect Long haul air travel to increase, but short haul to decrease rapidly within the next 15 years.... unless new and cheaper fuels are being developed.