Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Are Cnl. reasons totally random?  (Read 574 times)

maloyjones

• Former member
Are Cnl. reasons totally random?
« on: October 16, 2010, 09:31:16 PM »
Hi.

I've just had a cancellation on a depature, Sunday at 14.00 due to scheduling. The last thing the aircraft did, was an A-check which ended Saturday at 16.00 which makes room for a 22hour delay. This doesn't really make any sense to me, unless the reasons are random? Can anyone clarify this?

Thanks.

Sigma

• Former member
Re: Are Cnl. reasons totally random?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 09:32:58 PM »
Yes, there is always, no matter how much time you put in between flights, a very small chance of having a scheduling problem with the flight.  No airline is perfect and unforeseen things are always a possibility.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 02:39:27 AM »
i always imagine that they build up over time.  5 minutes here, 5 minutes there, and eventually you will have a missed flight.  again, that is just my imagination.

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 05:39:34 AM »
i always imagine that they build up over time.  5 minutes here, 5 minutes there, and eventually you will have a missed flight.  again, that is just my imagination.

I like to think that too. If a flight was delayed for Wx or ATS reasons, maybe the next flight is going to be cancelled for any reason (like pilots reaching 8 flying hours, previous flight too late or whatever). Everything is connected IMO.

d2031k

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 06:00:33 PM »
This thread has some good information on from Sami  :)

https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,17695.msg85403.html#msg85403

I too imagine this, but sadly reactionary delays are not implemented.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.