favorite aircraft

Started by ljesnjak, October 09, 2010, 02:12:15 PM

Frogiton

Yeah, probably this one. 8)

I like the A318 and my beloved Corsair too.

[attachment expired]

ArcherII

For me it's most certainly this one...Mainly because she is a joy to fly and is as fast as a turboprop!

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Piper-PA-60-601P-Aerostar/0794244/&sid=2be524ccfd65ed519dae689bdc2212a6

Ilyushin

Quote from: swiftus27 on October 09, 2010, 09:50:08 PM
hot and high is why those engines are needed.

I thought it had 2 engines to bring you to your destination, and the other 2 to bring you back home. ;D

Quote from: alexgv1 on October 09, 2010, 11:19:42 PM
That's a technician's problem... not an engineers. I will admit that the aircraft is powered by 4 hair dryers though!  :laugh:

It was a revolutionary aircraft with exceptional performance capabilities, able to operate out of mountainous areas, fly steep approaches, and was quiet enough to fly over build up areas: hence the nickname the "whisperjet". Plus it was the last commercial aircraft to be built all in the UK  :(

You can learn a lot of technical info on the aircraft on the ITVV video of Debonair's BAe 146. I'd recommend it.

Also I love the look of the An-148/158 on the subject of 2 engined BAe 146 lookalikes. I hope they get some western operators so I can fly in one.

I am hoping to catch either a Swiss RJ100 or a CityJet/BA CityFlyer RJ85 before they are all retired!!

Yes, it does perform well, indeed! It's a nice aircraft to see. I have a cool 1/200 diecast British Airways 146 model here. :)

I almost went a weekend to London for my birthday flying Cityjet AMS-LCY (on the RJ85 ofcourse) but in the end me and my girlfriend decided to do that another time, probably some time when there is a good chance on nice weather in London :P

Maarten Otto

Definitely a KLM Cityhopper F100 for me.  You expect high density seating... and they have very comfortable economy seats... and leg space.... 32". Realy, next time I fly to the UK I'll check their fares first, and be happy to pay more then for a crappy bus seat on board easyJet's 737..

Hwoarang

Quote from: Maarten Otto on October 10, 2010, 08:06:08 AM
Definitely a KLM Cityhopper F100 for me.  You expect high density seating... and they have very comfortable economy seats... and leg space.... 32". Realy, next time I fly to the UK I'll check their fares first, and be happy to pay more then for a crappy bus seat on board easyJet's 737..
The difference was just too much for me as a student (70 euro at Jet2.com, compared with 217 euro at KLM Cityhopper in the summer vacation).

Regional Jets: Embraer E-Jets, although I love the Fokker jetliners, especially the F28 Fellowship :-[
Propellor: Fokker F27/50, followed by ATR42/72.
Narrowbodies: I would go for I think Tupolev Tu-204/214, followed by the 757 and A320 series.
Widebodies: I would definitely choose the A330, but the DC10 and 777 are also good looking.

Maarten Otto

Quote from: Hwoarang on October 10, 2010, 09:37:46 AM
The difference was just too much for me as a student (70 euro at Jet2.com, compared with 217 euro at KLM Cityhopper in the summer vacation).

Regional Jets: Embraer E-Jets, although I love the Fokker jetliners, especially the F28 Fellowship :-[
Propellor: Fokker F27/50, followed by ATR42/72.
Narrowbodies: I would go for I think Tupolev Tu-204/214, followed by the 757 and A320 series.
Widebodies: I would definitely choose the A330, but the DC10 and 777 are also good looking.

Last summer I did Amsterdam - Liverpool.
easyJet  €180,- return
KLM €89,- return... and no waiting for Liverpool security checks as even economy class passengers go through the fast lane.

Hwoarang

Quote from: Maarten Otto on October 10, 2010, 10:28:50 AM
Last summer I did Amsterdam - Liverpool.
easyJet  €180,- return
KLM €89,- return... and no waiting for Liverpool security checks as even economy class passengers go through the fast lane.
Ahh that's nice, I couldn't find low fares for KLM on the Amsterdam- Leeds- Amsterdam flights :( Unfortunately, the journey was cancelled two weeks before I would departure.

alexgv1

Quote from: Ilyushin on October 10, 2010, 07:52:05 AM
I almost went a weekend to London for my birthday flying Cityjet AMS-LCY (on the RJ85 ofcourse) but in the end me and my girlfriend decided to do that another time, probably some time when there is a good chance on nice weather in London :P

Yeah City is an interesting airport I'm hoping to fly out of there... summer is the best chance for good weather in London (June/July). Nothing is better than the South Bank on a lovely sunny day. Funnily enough my dad hates the BAe 146 and goes to every measure to avoid it, including missing flights when he sees what he is flying!!
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

ljesnjak

uffff
De Havilland Comet is rrrrrly beautifullllll :)
engines in wings hehehe

p.s. isn't it BAe 146 'jumbolino' ??
that aircraft is slooowest climber i have ever seen  :laugh:

swiftus27

slowest in what terms?  That plane is made for a 5% climb and descent.    

In addition it is quiet... very quiet.

ljesnjak

was talking about rate of climb...
all i can say ATC don't like him xD

MattDell

For me, it's got to be the A340-600.  Many good memories flying this from IAD to LHR.

Virgin Atlantic Airbus A340-600 G-VBLU by Code20Photog, on Flickr

Brockster

My favorite has to be the Saab 2000. Too bad it never really was a popular aircraft... At least it's still fairly common in Sweden. :)

TFC1

Quote from: alexgv1 on October 09, 2010, 08:57:28 PM
As a passenger: A380
As an engineer: BAe 146
As a pilot: 737

You know how to double the power on a Ba 146? Instruct the pilot to switch on the apu.... ;D. As an air traffic controller, I hate it and its younger siblings the Avro RJs. Mixed in with 737s, A320s and MD80s, it horrible to put in sequence. And it doesn't climb, even if it's life depended on it..... :o

RibeiroR

My favorites:
ATR 72-500
Boeing 767-300ER
Boeing 777-300ER
MD-11
A340-500
:)

ljesnjak

Quote from: TFC1 on October 11, 2010, 08:11:33 AM
You know how to double the power on a Ba 146? Instruct the pilot to switch on the apu.... ;D. As an air traffic controller, I hate it and its younger siblings the Avro RJs. Mixed in with 737s, A320s and MD80s, it horrible to put in sequence. And it doesn't climb, even if it's life depended on it..... :o

yeah... that's what i am talking about! like 340-200 :D 4 engines, BUT.... heheh

hmmm I didn't have same problem with 320s ande newer 737? :)

Jona L.

I am here for:
1st B777 (all, they are just the best planes ever!)
2nd B757 (nice short-[shorter]medium Haul, with 200 Pax perfect for secondary European airports to US)
3rd A346 ('cause it is a nice size, and offers a good range)

way back in my order is the A380, since it is just UGLY [except for the Lufthansa ones, but that looks good because it says "Lufthansa" on their sides ;D ]

Jona L.

ljesnjak

Quote from: Jona L. on October 11, 2010, 03:57:22 PM
I am here for:
1st B777 (all, they are just the best planes ever!)
2nd B757 (nice short-[shorter]medium Haul, with 200 Pax perfect for secondary European airports to US)
3rd A346 ('cause it is a nice size, and offers a good range)

way back in my order is the A380, since it is just UGLY [except for the Lufthansa ones, but that looks good because it says "Lufthansa" on their sides ;D ]

Jona L.

hahahah well i saw qantas one(A380) and it's nice :D with kangaroo