Scenario "Modern Times #3" is now open

Started by Sami, October 07, 2010, 01:11:32 PM

Sami

The latest game world scenario has been just launched at AirwaySim's game servers. This Modern Times #3 game world starts after the troubled times of year 2001 and will allow airline managers to stay in control until year 2020.

While it can be assumed that the economy is quite steadility growing over the years, there will be various other challenges for the managers namely in terms of fuel prices and economic factors.

There are spaces for 500 players in this world. All of the airports in the world are included so there is plenty of space for all players; just remember to take a moment when choosing your base airport. Even with large game worlds like this it's possible to find bases and routes from a bit smaller airports if the ones at the very top of the airport chain are already crowded (even at later stage of the game).

As usual the first day is longer than normal, 24 hours. This will allow managers to join in at convinient time and start the operations without a rush (remember that the used aircraft market is replenished several times during this 24h). After the first day the game clock will run at 35 mins a day (same as in previous scenario with the same name, but 5 mins longer in for example the Air Travel Boom world). 35 min days will be the new day length standard for future worlds due to planning of some changes for the future.

https://www.airwaysim.com/game/?gView=79#game79

JumboShrimp

Are the rules identical to all the other games?  Any changes?

vectorforfood

I missed the opening by 2 hours and the game is already full  :o

JumboShrimp

You must have missed by more than 2 hours.  There was space available for about 24 hours after opening of the new scenario.

It looks like there was a lot of pent up demand for a new scenario.  I was waiting for a while one myself, since I was not too crazy about either the slot limited Jet Age or the Alliance Challenge.

Jps

Someone said the game was full after about 21 hrs after it went online...
Although only 3 days have passed in the game, the 1st day was as long as a real day, and the game has been on faster pace for only 2 hours now.

castelino009

Quote from: vectorforfood on October 08, 2010, 02:28:37 PM
I missed the opening by 2 hours and the game is already full  :o

game opened yest 7th October @14: 00 Uk time and places were still existing till 13:45 UK time today, so mate you have to check ur calendar and may be your watch too :)

you had 23:45 hrs to join. Wait for few more game days, few people will quit :) don't worry :)

VJC

robvanleest

If a game world is opened and within about 24 hours (maybe not exactly 24.0 hours) it has 500/500 players, this might show something. For sure some places will open up at some point but would you like to join a game with almost 500 players after it has been going on for a number of (real) days already?

As discussed in other posts already, if you do not join in the beginning, what are your chances of really being able to develop a descent company. Obviously many, many, many people have been waiting for a new game world to open. It might be an idea to open up more game worlds more frequently in order to avoid this kind of a situation.

swiftus27

Sami

Yes, next Beginner World is available for true newbies in a matter of days.

Probably next full world too in some weeks as JetAge is ending soon. More info later on those.

Jps

Quote from: Robbie on October 08, 2010, 05:02:12 PM
As discussed in other posts already, if you do not join in the beginning, what are your chances of really being able to develop a descent company. Obviously many, many, many people have been waiting for a new game world to open. It might be an idea to open up more game worlds more frequently in order to avoid this kind of a situation.

I don't think it's going to take that many weeks for people to start quitting anf thus releasing places; and even if the quitters come from the major airports, there are still lots of medium sized airports with no carriers, so there's plenty of opportunities. And if you think the final score, you have all the chance if you start sometime before 50% of the game is gone.

schro

Quote from: Robbie on October 08, 2010, 05:02:12 PM

I joined ATB a bit more than halfway through and I've currently got one of the biggest airlines (top 10 in most stats, #1 in fleet, pax carried, etc).  I'd say its very doable to join a bit later :-).

Sami

Quote from: Jps on October 08, 2010, 08:34:21 PM
there are still lots of medium sized airports with no carriers

Like I've always said, even 1000 airlines couldn't be out of the question. Just if everyone could mentally prepare to play also outside LHR. :P

tm07x

not to sound like a douche. but people are paying money to play this game, I see no reason why there shouldn't be a second gameworld people can play. not all players have an interest in playing the earlier gameworlds.

JumboShrimp

Quote from: tm07x on October 21, 2010, 12:21:44 AM
not to sound like a douche. but people are paying money to play this game, I see no reason why there shouldn't be a second gameworld people can play. not all players have an interest in playing the earlier gameworlds.

If you are interested in MT3 (but can't get in), just wait untile the new game world opens.  I am sure some positions will open up in MT3, as some players will leave MT3 to try their luck in a brand new world

Jps

Quote from: tm07x on October 21, 2010, 12:21:44 AM
I think the main reason is server capacity, and the attempt to space out the games (make them start and end at steady interval instead of all ending at the same time).
Unfortunately, this requires some waiting.